I am now going on on my 3rd Christmas without my Husband, I cannot stand to listen to Christmas Music as it brings me no joy or happiness.I wish I could just sleep from now until the next year. I have a family but it hurts so much to watch all the spouses hugging and kissing. I am the first of the family to lose a spouse, so no one gets why I don't feel any happiness. As Scrooge said, screw Christmas.

Views: 2819

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Linda, I feel the same about wanting to die. I am tired of feeling miserable all the time and missing my sister to no end. I mean, I feel like I want to just scream and scream and not stop this is so unbearable. But I can't do that to my Ma.  I can tell that there is a sort of "all we have is each other now' type of feeling between us now.

I just want to become a recluse. I'm tired of trying to function in society. I don't want to laugh or joke with people. I don't want to be around people at all. Everyday is a struggle.

Hollowheart,

I feel the same way of becoming a recluse. Most people go on with life as usual but we are a certain breed of people. We love truly.

me 2

Thanks for your support Jo. God Bless You

Same here, HollowHeart. There is no joy, no peace, no equilibrium.

Today I talked with my sister and she compares her grief of my Mother, who passed away 16 years ago to my grief of losing of a husband, my soulmate. I was able to overcome the death of my Mother and Father and I do miss them dearly, but losing the man I loved with all my heart is something  I have to live with day after day. I have prayed for God to take me so I can be with him, That would be my Christmas Wish.

The attempts made by some to compare our grief to theirs always becomes just one more internal assault we are supposed to somehow use to fix ourselves.  What they don't realize is it makes it worse.  

My parents have died and for awhile I was touched by grief but NOTHING compares to this.  This was the man who filled me with love.  He was my most intimate.  

Can the companionship of a loved one who is not a spouse be missed?  Of course, absolutely.  But if anyone married had an intimate bond the suffering is intense. This is not to say that there is not grief for those who have lost sons, daughters, sisters, brother, mothers, fathers, nana, papa, etc.  But deep intimacy separates that kind of loss from others. Along with talking and sharing time together and living under the same roof or just feeling so close to another persons inner spirit there is still one thing that death of a spouse adds to the loss.  The loss of intimacy and I don't know about others but for me it is the connection along with everything else that is more than I can stand.  

Please do not think I minimize the grief of anyone else.  We all have bonds that we never want broken.  All I know is I am still struggling daily with the death of my husband whereas when my parents died I was able to somehow incorporate their leaving me behind as a more understandable loss.  Something that I didn't necessarily want to have happen but felt better equipped to incorporate it into what my reality was and go forward.  I didn't give up.  I felt they would have wanted me to continue to go forward without them.

For some reason I have yet to figure out how I can tell myself my husband would want me to go forward. Unlike with my parents death I can find no tools that allow me to open that door.  I just want to go with him.  I don't want to go forward.  It's not what he would have wanted, it's what I feel.  I want to live in my past with him.  I am just biding time.  Passing through a place I don't want to live but being forced to because I am not allowed to change it.  I am not allowed.  Everyone wants me to get better.  To fix it.

All I want for Xmas is to pass through to wherever he went.

AMEN.

I completely agree.

I second bluebird's amen.

It's just not right to be not together.

Morgan,

Wonderfully said.

That is my wish for Christmas too. 

RSS

Latest Activity

dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Susan E Marshall and William Gardener are now friends
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5
Angie Rowland joined Rita-Cecile's group
Thumbnail

LESBIAN ..GAY 2 SPIRITED loss and grief

Anyone who has lost their gay partner..soon finds that there may be a few things that are different...such as sorting through things and feeling like an intruder because it is also family stuff etcSee More
Apr 3
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service