I still unable to believe that my wife of 33 years is gone. She was my best friend, my lover and new me like no other person ever could. Only 67 no idea she had heart problems. I am a truck driver was on my way to Minot ND and called her from Clearwater. My last words to her was I love you to the moon and back, her responce "I love you more" We laugh and she hung up. Three hours later after calling my Grandson, (expecting twins are great grandchildren) because I could not reach her, I get get a call from the tissue bank wanting my wife's corneas, unaware I had not been contacted.
I have seen death, I have even killed while serving our country, but I still can't get over this loss.
I believe in one God, I believe the soul does not die. I should be happy that her death was fast instead of being long and torturous. But I miss her so.
I awake automatically around 6:50 am, I would do a 7pm wakeup call every day.
I am young and alive at 64. My dad is 95 and I have years of life ahead of me.
I remember a friend who found another wife three months after the death of his. I was amazed he could do that but he told me "Hell it just like horse's if you get thrown you got to get up, dusk yourselve off and get back in the saddle". I can not comprehend anyone replacing my love. I guess I just need time. But life is so short, and I want to live, laugh and love again.
I never thought of myself as weak, but I cry at the drop of a hat now a day's.

Views: 539

Replies to This Discussion

I am a gay man and I loved my partner for 47 years since college and He died 11/2/2012 .Now i am getting better and I cry less but talk to God and he will help,Talk with him daily very often.Sometimes he does not answer right away Stanley

Hi Ross,

I am very sorry for your loss.  I can only imagine what you are going thru.  And what a terrible way to find out she had passed, I am so sorry.  Hang onto your memories and grieve in your own way.  What ever makes you feel good and works for you.  There is no right or wrong way and no time limit.  I lost my father suddenly and it helped me to seek counseling.  My thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I understand what you are going through.My husband died suddenly 1/5/13.That first year was the worst year of my life.It does seem to get easier so hang in there .I am young also 57

I am gay and I lost my partner October 2 2012 .Get therapy and the therapy will help You can never forget but your wife would want you to continue living,Be around people and friends ,do not stay alone and cry when you feel to cry and light a candle for her .You have beautiful memories treasure them and pray to God for help and speak with God every day .Ask him for guidance .Stanley

Thank all of you, just writing my posting was hard to due, especially though the tears that were flowing. Putting it down on paper was the hardest. But I feel better already. Thank you again.

You can do it,Ask  God to guide you , 

im so sorry ross we all on hear coz of death all difrnt resons we r  all i no wn we loze loved 1s a lot of peple can be so anyon thy can

mnisin prt is worst prt it is 

so sorrry

So sorry for you loss. I can't fully imagine the pain you feel after 33 years with someone and the suddenness of her death. My mom too had a sudden death. I just had to relive it again this May. She actually left in 2012. I think it's a life changing experience and the sadness I don't believe will ever fully leave us but life does go on and should. I would want my husband to have love again if that's what he wanted because we all need each other and it's fully your choice in time. Blessings.
Yesterday was a bad day for me, awaking at 6:50 a.m. again, time I would awake to call her at 7a.m. so she get up to go to school where she volunteered in the 21st grade.
I think what triggered it was a call from the tissue bank the night before tell me they were sending us some kind of crystal to commemorate her gift of sight to someone.
Then and every stop I made during the day I had a memory of her.
As I drove I remember harassing her by reach over with an extended magnet and grabbing her earring with it as she played some silly game on her I pad as she rode with me when school was out.
She was so cute and precious, when ever we were together we had fun.

But this morning I started out great. I am doing so much better.

I don't believe anyone will ever replace her, but your right life goes on.
I just try for now to keep busy and not think too much about anything. It will take some time though. I told me bother I was going to reinvent myself as a Norwegian Bachelor Farmer. He said you, I doubt that, More like a 65 year old playboy. Laughting.
No, I sure I be fine. But it is not easy right now, tomorrow is the one month anniversary of her death. But I try to think of it as my Great grand daughters being one month old.
How cool is that.
I know that I have not mentioned mothers day.
Just before mothers day the first graders in our school will receive a necklace to bring home to their moms.
My wife and I started this tradition a few years back. I am going to fund this program to continue. My wife was such a great photographer that she was able to capture the joy in the children's faces when they would get this gift to bring home.
Sudden deaths I think are so much harder then when we lose an aging parent. We expect that to happen.
But I know it is hard when you lose anyone you love.
But life goes on.
Glad to hear you are finding some bright spots everyday!! I think it is wonderful your wife donated to someone in need. I also thought it was so neat about the necklaces. I actually thought of that type of thing because I also love photography and I was thinking of how we could preserve our children's artwork. How wonderful you will keep this going! The days that trigger us are so hard to take. I started this year determined not to be depressed on "that day" because the one and only day was the day it happen but I end up having some tears and then try for the distractions. One month is so unbelievable rough. I've been crying for 2 years off and on and with family dramas I think I am having some delayed grief. How wonderful to have grandchildren and great grandchildren! As a therapist told me once that's like good medicine!!!

me 2 becky i luv tking pics 2 iv posyed so mush on heat iv cort bst 1s iv cort by acsentet 1s u dont esxspets 2 cath u dotn heras a few cort ths yr or lst or so on if u dont mnd be postng thm on 

i juts hp its ok 2 pots thes 

RSS

Latest Activity

Jennifer replied to Robin H's discussion Lost my Partner who wasn't my partner in the group Being the Other Woman/Other Man
"Welcome to the group.  I lost my partner on February 5th this year, so it's still pretty raw for me too.  Reading through your story really touched a chord with me.  Like you, I didn't think I would ever find a group like…"
Thursday
Jennifer joined Cathy Richardson's group
Thumbnail

Being the Other Woman/Other Man

This is for anyone who has lost their lover to death and you were the other woman/other man in their life. We have to grieve in silence. I can't find any support groups and feel like I'm the only one going through this situationSee More
Thursday
Jennifer and William Gardener are now friends
Thursday
dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5
Angie Rowland joined Rita-Cecile's group
Thumbnail

LESBIAN ..GAY 2 SPIRITED loss and grief

Anyone who has lost their gay partner..soon finds that there may be a few things that are different...such as sorting through things and feeling like an intruder because it is also family stuff etcSee More
Apr 3
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service