Last Monday my husband died in his sleep at the age of 26. He was fine when I went to work and when I came home my daughter (7 yrs old) said she couldn't wake him up all day. That was when I found him.
  We are waiting for the autopsy report to find out the cause of death. He had high blood pressure and was born with a rare genetic disorder called Ectodermal Dysplasia. He was otherwise healthy.
   I'm so frustrated that it could take up to 90 days to know what happened. 
   My daughter is having a lot of guilt, so am I. I know it's so fresh, but the pain is just unbelievable. 
   I'm just here to meet some people who know what it is to lose someone suddenly and to learn some ways to deal with the grief.

Views: 214

Replies to This Discussion

Hi - I'm so sorry for your loss, it really hurts - I'm just keeping busy with friends and other family - I went out last night and had a bit too much to drink and had a big breakdown in the bar, not really a nice look, but it made me feel better - Stay strong. Rick
My husband Richard & I met on myspace in fall of 2007...We were friends for 2 years & then I went from PA to MO..We got married a month after I got there on Feb.9,2010 in Rolla,MO..A few months later we moved back to were I'm from in PA...8 months into marriage we were pregnant...We had our baby girl Amelia June 25,2010..He had his 40th b-day on July 2,2010 & moved out of my moms place to a new apartment on July 9,2010...On July 12,2010 our baby girl & I woke up.I found my husband-best friend Richard dead in his sleep in our bedroom...I feel shock too...My mind can't beleive he is gone...It feels like he is on a vacation & will come home at anytime...I called 911 & the guy told me to move him,move pillows,turn him on his back...I couldn't do it cause I had stiches from having baby...the police & emt's came they made me take baby downstairs while they worked on him...They came down about 15 to a half an hour later & said hun he's gone...I started screaming no he's not go back upstairs & work on him more..They said we can't he's gone he has been dead for hours...He died right after I told him to go to sleep...When I think of him all is I can remember is when I found him dead..Also fights we had & ect...I feel like I'm lost without him...He wanted to be married so bad & have another child...He got that but it wasn't for very long...I thought him & I would of been together to see our children grow & have kids of their own...Grow old together...God had other plans for us but I don't understand what it is...Thanks for Reading this
Dear Stephanie,

I am so sorry for your pain. You have been throught so much. No, you won't grow old with Richard but he is there...he is there in your heart and in your daughters smile. Look into her eyes..do you see him smiling at you? You had each other such a short time but it seems it was wonderful. It may help to understand some people never get in a lifetime what you 2 had in such a short time. I hope this helps. If you need a shoulder...I have two. Take care of yourself and your darling little Amelia.
Nancy
Thank you...Stephanie
I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand the shock you felt.
Right now I can't imagine the pain being any less or the grief lessening. But I know it will in time.
I'll keep you and Amelia in my prayers.
Thank You & I will pray for you & your little girl to hun
Natasha,
My wife said she was ready for dinner on Sunday, September 26th 2010 around 9:30. I heated her dinner up with plastic wrap over it and took into her in my daughter's bedroom. She was kind of grogy for a few seconds and then she was alert. I asked her if she was okay and if she had taken her night time medicine (tylenol PM) and she said yes to both.
She made herself comfertable with a pillow on her lap where I placed her dinner and asked if she wanted the door shut as she had a TV on in the bedroom and I had one on in the living room. My chair was right outside her door.
My daughter found her at 1:ooAM slumped over the unwraped plate. She screamed for me saying "I think mom is dead, she is cold and I can't wake her up". I was in our bedroom asleep. I came downstairs and immediatly started CPR. The EMTs arrived seconds later but said she had been dead for a couple hours. She had turned 52 on September 14th and we were married 23 years. We still do not know what caused her death.
My heart goes out to you as it is obvious our losses are both fresh and I feel like life ended that day.
You are in my prayers.
Thank you Jim. Our losses are extremely fresh. I'm so sorry about your wife.
I hope you are able to get some answers as to what happened that night. You are in my prayers as well.

Natasha
You said you moved back in with your parents and decided to sell everything. I will stay in our home but am unable to open her closet, go through her drawers or change a thing. The first few days were unbearable as she had decorated the entire house (having me do the painting, building whatever) so I see her everywhere and it just compounded the grief.
I open the doors in our bathroom cabinet to get a towel and there are all of her cosmetics. I thought nothing of it until it hit me, she will never use any of it again because she is gone. The grief can be paralyzing.
I am 54 and we started dating when we were older than you are now; I was 29 and she was 27. It was the second marriage for us both.
I first read your postings last weekend and was desperate to respond but was not approved until yesterday.
I cried as I read your initial posting because it was like reading about losing my wife.
Turning to friends and loved ones becomes burdensome on them and I'm sure they tire of hearing about it so I searched and found this site very quickly.
Just releasing my feelings in this manner is healing me in very small pieces and I know it will be a long painful journey.
My hugs and prayers to you and your daughter. Prayers will keep you strong for her, they have for me.

Jim
I am so sorry for your loss. You must feel so lost and the not knowing only adds to your pain. I pray that you get the answers that will help you deal with this sudden and tragic loss. Give yourselfs time and surround yourself with loving friends and family to help you through.

God Bless
Juls
Thank you
hi my name is steacy and i know how it is to lose somebody out of nowhere. my mom died may 14 byher ex boyfirend he shot her and shot himself i know are situations are a little different but its still the same hurt when you lose someone really close to you. i wont lie to you the way they lied to me it doesnt get easier to deal with youjust learn to live thru the pain i just moved out of my moms house last year so i just got out on my own and i have a 1 year old son and its really hard theres no way todescribe it but you know what i mean so i dont have to describe it. my mother was 44 and just starting to live her life again she had 2 new born grandkids from my brother and myself and she was exstatic. the worst part is she died 11 days before my birthday and cremated on my birthday. The only thing i could tell you is that god chose him and that he couldnt be happier than when he had his family and the fact that u gave him a beautiful daughter and you gave him all your love so he died in peace

RSS

Latest Activity

dream moon JO B joined Emma Marie's group
Thumbnail

Funeral Service

To serve people at their need– it's all we do. We strive to set the highest standards for the funeral profession in terms of client service and care for the deceased. We help people through one of the most difficult times in their lives with compassion, respect, openness and care.See More
yesterday
James D. Thornsberry and Natasha are now friends
May 12
James D. Thornsberry posted a photo

Jim

Life at Online Grief Support
May 12
Jennifer replied to Robin H's discussion Lost my Partner who wasn't my partner in the group Being the Other Woman/Other Man
"Welcome to the group.  I lost my partner on February 5th this year, so it's still pretty raw for me too.  Reading through your story really touched a chord with me.  Like you, I didn't think I would ever find a group like…"
May 1
Jennifer joined Cathy Richardson's group
Thumbnail

Being the Other Woman/Other Man

This is for anyone who has lost their lover to death and you were the other woman/other man in their life. We have to grieve in silence. I can't find any support groups and feel like I'm the only one going through this situationSee More
May 1
Jennifer and William Gardener are now friends
May 1
dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service