My mom died April 19, 2014. never did we think she'd die before my dad, who had heart and kidney trouble. She died at 9:27...born on 9/27/1923, although she always put 10/28/1933 as her birth year. I never did find out why she changed the birth date and month, but she was always a beautiful woman and never looked her age. I have so much I want to write but can't; my heart is too jagged with grief even now. Dad died April 11 of this year, and now I'm a 53 year old orphan. He lived longer without mom than we had thought possible. When mom died, it was like the sun was knocked out of dad's sky. And now, I realize, out of mine. I love you so much, ma.

Views: 395

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Ann. 

I have such terrible anxiety, does anyone else?

I've suffered from anxiety since my early twenties, and I noticed that it did worsen in the immediate months after my mom's death.  

I do never thought I would, but ever since my mom died. I cannot settle down.. Right before my mom died she was in an accident rear ended a young girl, since this girl cannot sue my mom she's coming after me for 15,000. I keep sending it to the insurance comp. but this girl is real hard core. I just lost my mom and she wants to do more damage to me..

I think the best way to handle anxiety is to accept that you are anxious.  I also think it's okay to go to your medical doctor and be frank with him/her.  Sometimes you need a little medication to help get through a rough patch.

As for the girl who keeps contacting you about the insurance, you may have to hire a lawyer just to get her to cease and desist.  

I hope today is better for you.

The things that work for me in anxiety is to exercise everyday. I get up early and walk before it's too hot.  I also limit the cups of coffee/tea daily, and I have an app on my phone called "Breathe". It's free and has meditations on it.  I also got a short term dose of a Xanax generic for the immediate weeks after mom died and after dad died. I was very up front with my doctor and she totally understood.

I wish you luck and peace.

Thank you everyone, I glad to know I am not alone.

RSS

Latest Activity

James D. Thornsberry and Natasha are now friends
Monday
James D. Thornsberry posted a photo

Jim

Life at Online Grief Support
Monday
Jennifer replied to Robin H's discussion Lost my Partner who wasn't my partner in the group Being the Other Woman/Other Man
"Welcome to the group.  I lost my partner on February 5th this year, so it's still pretty raw for me too.  Reading through your story really touched a chord with me.  Like you, I didn't think I would ever find a group like…"
May 1
Jennifer joined Cathy Richardson's group
Thumbnail

Being the Other Woman/Other Man

This is for anyone who has lost their lover to death and you were the other woman/other man in their life. We have to grieve in silence. I can't find any support groups and feel like I'm the only one going through this situationSee More
May 1
Jennifer and William Gardener are now friends
May 1
dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service