I knew this day was coming, I didn't know how hard it would be. Kasey and her cousin Kevin were 11 months apart. They were very close, he lived with us for a while and they graduated together. Between the 2 of them they drove my brother and me crazy. We thought we must be terrible parents because these 2 kids are crazy. It was like wrangling cats keeping them on track. The last year or so they started settling down. Kasey got a job at Kohl's and was going back to college. Kevin joined the Army. My brother and I thought we could finally relax and let our guards down.

Well Kevin left for basic training today at 2pm and Kasey has been gone for 109 days. It was completely devastating that she wasn't here to say goodbye to him as he moves into a future and she will never have one. I was not expecting it to hurt so much. It is so unfair.

There have been no good days, but this has to have been one of my worst. I miss my baby girl.

I am going to try and attach a couple pictures. One is Kasey and Kevin when they were little (ignore the hole in the wall. I think I took a mirror off the wall so they would be safer and made a hole) and the other one is their graduation.

Thanks for listening,

Sandy

Views: 51

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Those are beautiful pictures Sandy.  Thank you for sharing them with us.  My heart goes out to you.  Hugs from me.

RSS

Latest Activity

dream moon JO B joined Emma Marie's group
Thumbnail

Funeral Service

To serve people at their need– it's all we do. We strive to set the highest standards for the funeral profession in terms of client service and care for the deceased. We help people through one of the most difficult times in their lives with compassion, respect, openness and care.See More
yesterday
James D. Thornsberry and Natasha are now friends
May 12
James D. Thornsberry posted a photo

Jim

Life at Online Grief Support
May 12
Jennifer replied to Robin H's discussion Lost my Partner who wasn't my partner in the group Being the Other Woman/Other Man
"Welcome to the group.  I lost my partner on February 5th this year, so it's still pretty raw for me too.  Reading through your story really touched a chord with me.  Like you, I didn't think I would ever find a group like…"
May 1
Jennifer joined Cathy Richardson's group
Thumbnail

Being the Other Woman/Other Man

This is for anyone who has lost their lover to death and you were the other woman/other man in their life. We have to grieve in silence. I can't find any support groups and feel like I'm the only one going through this situationSee More
May 1
Jennifer and William Gardener are now friends
May 1
dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service