A place to share writings or pictures that you found helpful in your journey.  I know that over the last 3+ years I have saved many.  

8/30/15  It is now over 5+ years and I am still travelling this journey of grief, but it has changed.  It is a little kinder and gentler at times.

I had hoped that others would have shared on here.  Anything that you have that touches you.  Writings, pictures?

Views: 6583

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is so true.

it so is no 1 undrstnds grief till it happens 2 thm

all i no our hearts r so broken coz of grief

our hearts r lk a jigsaw puzel wn it cums 2 grief tryng 2 put pease bk 2 gethr again only trubel is thr is alwayz a peae mising th peple we hav lost

From an Internet friend who shares the loss of not one, but two children:
I wish I could take away the pain and say it will all be better very soon but that would be a lie and do more harm than good. I know for me at least that pain was bittersweet. Not to mention that in the early days when I had a moment free of pain I was terrified that it meant that I was forgetting my loved one and the pain and guilt overtook me to remind me that forgetting was something that was never going to happen. I remember the early days when breathing hurt, and in hindsight, looking back how I survived and went beyond surviving still astonishes me. What I know now that I did not know then was that it is a horrific and painful process to give up the physical connection we had with our loved one. Although we could feel the love and the emotions that made up our loved one, it was the actual physical (the looking at and touching our loved one) that was tangible and all of sudden in a flash that was all gone and what a shock that was and still is. It takes a few years after the loss of a significant loved one just to get your bearings back and to be able to function on a fragile level. Everyday we heal, we just do not feel it because we are so engulfed in loss and pain. Time starts to go fast again and it is one of many indications that we are healing. When we reach the point where we are able to let go of the pain in exchange for the good memories then we begin to feel the essence of our loved one with us. Everything comes back; the scent, the touch, the memories, and it is a final gift of sorts to carry us through the rest of our lives.

i luv ths 1 amy its not 1 of my stuff but i luv 2 hear sea waves i luv 2 sea waves i do

link http://vimeo.com/8039384 baltic sea embed code

I've been trying to find a way to share a song.  Hope this works.

Even though I don't think we ever really say Goodbye to our loved one this is called 'Saying Goodbye'.

Attachments:

Just something to ponder

Can the Dead Really Live Again? http://www.jw.org/finder?locale=en&docid=1102013500

Dennis, I don't have to ponder that.  Our faiths are different, but the bible is the same for everyone.  I know with all my heart that there will be a resurrection.  I actually believe there will be two.  One for the saved and one for those that are not saved.

I believe that as well Ammy

Acts 24:15 And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

This brings me great comfort.

And HOPE!!!

See that sparrow fly across the cloudy sky
Searching for a hatch of sunlight - well so am I
I live one day at a time I dream one dream at a time
Yesterday's gone and tomorrow is blind and I live one day at a time

Quotes:
“I want to believe that memories, even sad and painful ones, should not be forgotten forever.”
Natsuki Takaya

“Sharing tales of those we've lost is how we keep from really losing them.”
Mitch Albom

“Who are we without our memories?”
Marta Acosta

Thanksgiving, Christmas, Chanukah (Hanukkah), Ramadan, Kwanza and New Year’s Day are annual holidays that can be a very difficult time for people who have experienced the death of someone loved. Memories of good times and togetherness at the holiday season serve to remind us of our loss. Watching others who are feeling thankful and are celebrating when we feel overwhelmed, lonely or sad can be very painful. Holidays force us to realize how much our lives have been changed by the loss of our loved one.

Particularly in the first year, many bereaved are left with having to develop new holiday rituals and traditions.

The first step in coping with grief at the holidays is to acknowledge that the first holiday season is difficult and then to prepare for it in advance by making specific plans and obtaining the support that you need. Remember too, that sometimes anticipation of a holiday can be more difficult than the arrival of the day itself.

Some Tips for Coping with Grief at the Holidays
* Set realistic expectations for yourself. 
* Surround yourself with people who love and support you. 
* Try to avoid “canceling” the holiday despite the temptation. 
* Allow yourself to feel joy, sadness, anger – allow yourself to grieve. 
* Draw comfort from doing for others. 
* Take care of yourself. 

The most important thing to remember is there is no right or wrong way to celebrate the holiday season after the death of a loved one, and that the best way to cope with that first holiday season is to plan ahead, get support from others, and take it easy.

i agrea amy theze eventss can be very painfill thy can 

i no lst yr i jst wontet to hid in a corner not be fond till it wz all ovr now ths yr i feal sme way coz of othr pepel i ahv lots 

i nevr thrt grief cud hrt as bad ths iv had my 2md bday lst wk wish i didnt wont 2 a hav i no my dad wud of wont me 2 selbrate thn othr it had sent me crd pats ths yr wish hrts 2

now i go on liv web cams all ovr wolrd i lk at peple gong by wondring r thy gogn thru ths pain we r no ody noze 

i lk t ths pic amy i tk thnk my dad sent me ths frm heven abuve wen i wz on a ferryy 2 a difrnt contryy 

i saw a suset rize 1st thng in a mrng wish i v alwayz wont 2 do wish i finaly did but it dont stop me missong my dad @ evry 1 else it wz in my lfe at pst frm yng 2 old

RSS

Latest Activity

Jennifer replied to Robin H's discussion Lost my Partner who wasn't my partner in the group Being the Other Woman/Other Man
"Welcome to the group.  I lost my partner on February 5th this year, so it's still pretty raw for me too.  Reading through your story really touched a chord with me.  Like you, I didn't think I would ever find a group like…"
yesterday
Jennifer joined Cathy Richardson's group
Thumbnail

Being the Other Woman/Other Man

This is for anyone who has lost their lover to death and you were the other woman/other man in their life. We have to grieve in silence. I can't find any support groups and feel like I'm the only one going through this situationSee More
yesterday
Jennifer and William Gardener are now friends
yesterday
dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5
Angie Rowland joined Rita-Cecile's group
Thumbnail

LESBIAN ..GAY 2 SPIRITED loss and grief

Anyone who has lost their gay partner..soon finds that there may be a few things that are different...such as sorting through things and feeling like an intruder because it is also family stuff etcSee More
Apr 3
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service