A link to a brochure that discusses this topic with questions like these:

3 “It Can’t Be True!”
7 Is It Normal to Feel This Way?
14 How Can I Live With My Grief?
20 How Can Others Help?
26 A Sure Hope for the Dead

I would appreciate very much some discussion on this topic, and hopefully it will allow for comfort and hope for ALL.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101994007

Views: 8102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For paradise to exist ALL of mankind MUST be fully 100% obedient to God.

On this earth most have proven to be just like Adam and Eve. DISOBEDIENT.

This is why we have all of the suffering today.

God has chosen to allow mankind to do as they choose for a while so that he can find the ones who would CHOOSE obedience. Notice what this scripture says.

2 Peter 3:9 — Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

When God finally takes action against the disobedient ones, then the obedient ones will survive, and because of Gods patience there will be many included in paradise that would not have been otherwise.

I believe that God chose the BEST option and his actions will benefit the most people.

He also is aware of how painful this process has been, and he promises to repair and reverse all of the damage done by disobedience.

Isaiah 65:17 — “For here I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart.

What a wonderful promise.
I must say, through all my pain and suffering, I have never doubted Gods work. I just want to know why take him from me but those who are evil and deserve death remain on this planet. It doesn't seem fair. And why bring me back from death? What's my purpose?
Lori,

I am so sorry for your loss. The empty part of your heart is no doubt VERY difficult to deal with.

One thing that can help is to understand that God does not take people with death. We do NOT die because of God. We die because we inherited imperfection from Adam and Eve.

God will reverse this and cure us of our imperfection. But in his own time. One day you can be reunited with him. (There is soooooo much more to say about this)

Also, I am not sure what you mean by

"It doesn't seem fair. And why bring me back from death? What's my purpose?"

Could you expand on that please?
JO B

Yes, we would do what we need to do to protect our children.

God did give Adam and Eve a command that was designed to help them and keep them safe. But they were determined to be disobedient.

Just like with our children. We could cut down every tree on our property to keep our children from climbing them, but if they are determined to climb a tree, they will just go to the neighbors tree.

You see that the real problem is NOT the tree....
It is not the command, law or rule...

The real problem is that most people do NOT want to obey.

That is why we suffer...that is why we die...that is why we can't solve these issues on our own

if i did hav kids dennis i wud not wont thm dng sill ymistks i did wen i wz a kid 

i no kids clm thngs coz iv dun it my slf got hed injryd in pst 2 prov it 

u tell a kid not 2 swim wnn its hi tid cumng in but thy will thnk th no bst thn go do it 

adam eve wear adults i thng thy shud hav jad mor sens a kid don rely 

u tell kids not 2 smoke coz of wot it duze 2 us 

u tell kids not 2 drink booze coz dmge it can do 

but adlts we till drnk it no hrm it can do 

wen u r a kid u sea od facrty or buildng u wont 2 xplor it in case its honted but prnts tell kids dnt go in thr coz of dangrs but thy still do

it

i no adultss shud hav mr sense thn kids 

jo

Hi Jo,

I am sorry that I didn't see your reply but thank Dennis for his answer and help. It may be that part of the difficulty in understanding what really happened in the garden of Eden is that we've never been perfect. Adam and Eve we perfect and chose to disobey. We are imperfect and make mistakes - maybe because of forgetting some of the factors needed to make a good decision, or maybe just not fighting our own fallen flesh. But Adam and Eve were perfect having perfect recall - they made a decision to disobey.

If you think of their personalities though, it can be very reviling. For example when Eve took Adam the fruit that belonged to God and God had said not to eat, did Adam tell Eve NO? He did not take the lead in his family, he didn't standup for the only thing God kept for himself, instead he told God it was the woman he gave him. He didn't even take responsibility for what he had done. (Genesis 3:11, 12) "At that he said: “Who told you that you were naked? From the tree from which I commanded you not to eat have you eaten?”  And the man went on to say: “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me [fruit] from the tree and so I ate.'"

Then  a good look at who Eve was - She was very aware of what God had said about not eating, but she wanted to be in control. Then she  continued to show herself very self righteous imagining that she was the woman that God prophesied would produce a seed that would repair the human race to God's favor. She even declared that with Jehovah's help she had produced the seed in Cain. (Genesis 4:1) "Now Adam had intercourse with Eve his wife and she became pregnant. In time she gave birth to Cain and said: “I have produced a man with the aid of Jehovah." No wonder Cain thought so much of himself that he became enraged when Abel found favor in God's eye and not himself.

You see, how our attitude is so important? Even if we don't understand God's decision, it is always the best one for mankind.

Hope this helps.

Brenda

brenda i thnk evry 1 on hear denis evry meber on hear for thr suprot so on
i dnt thnk i cud loze a lot if pele aftr my dad esply 2013 wz as bad as 2012 it wz
iv alwayz tryd 2 luv respect pele i do
iv herd abot cain abel cain bad 1 able wz knd 1 he wz

JO B

Wouldn't it be nice if the Whole world was full of people who would love and respect everyone.

Psalms 37:11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

And

Revelation 21:4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

I believe these promises. And I know that one day the earth will be just as God wants it to be.

Matthew 6:10 Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth

This is a GREAT comfort to me.

Your friend

Dennis
You are not going crazy because you miss her.

You can look forward to seeing her again because Jesus promised that he would bring her back to life right here on the earth, but when it is a paradise.

i no wen we loze plle we miss thm so so mush we do 

i jst hp pardise is tht plase i get in my oucurng dreams i get now again

evry thng big evry 1 lkng yng again

JO B

Yes, paradise will be wonderful.

We will be reunited with our loved ones.
We will NEVER be sick again
We will all be as young men and woman.

Peace instead of contention
Joy instead of sadness
Kelli

We are living in the last days of this wicked world. But God is not going to take us anywhere.

When Gods Kingdom is established his subjects (children) will inherent the earth.

Psalms 37:10 Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Do you notice in this verse that the "wicked will be no more"?
Do you notice that the "meek will possess the earth"?

And then Revelation 21:4 tells us what that will be like.

Revelation 21:4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

What a wonderful promise. We need to be a TRUE WORSHIPER of God
And we need to ENDURE so we can be saved.

Matthew 24:13 But the one who has endured to the end will be saved.

If you learn how to be a true worshiper, and you endure, one day soon all of the bad things will be gone, and we will be reunited with our loved ones because the will be resurrected to a paradise earth.

I am looking very much forward to it.

RSS

Latest Activity

dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Susan E Marshall and William Gardener are now friends
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5
Angie Rowland joined Rita-Cecile's group
Thumbnail

LESBIAN ..GAY 2 SPIRITED loss and grief

Anyone who has lost their gay partner..soon finds that there may be a few things that are different...such as sorting through things and feeling like an intruder because it is also family stuff etcSee More
Apr 3
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service