Hi.. My name is Kim.. I am looking for people who know what I'm going through.  Six weeks ago, my wonderful, handsome husband was killed on his way home from work; he was five miles from home.  He was hit by a man who crossed the center line and was completely in his lane.  Leon tried to swerve at the last moment but was still hit head-on..  He had just turned 50.  I was home with our six year old daughter waiting on him.  It was an absolute nightmare and still is.  Everyone thinks I am being brave... trying to work some and still coaching my jr. high volleyball team.  I, however, feel like I am dying inside.  He was my life, my best friend, my partner in everything.  We had truly found happiness together and had such big plans for our life.  Now he is just simply gone and none of us got to say goodbye.  I have lost 25 pounds in six weeks and find myself just wanting to isolate myself.  I have a psychology degree and have worked as a mental health counselor... so I know the stages of grief, know I am depressed, etc.  I just am reaching out to anyone who is in a similar situaton.  He has three kids from his previous marriage.  I have two from a first marriage, and we have a six year old little girl together.  This has overwhelmed all of us and our community.  He was a special, funny, giving, beautiful man... and I am lost.

Views: 276

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I feel the same way, if I would have called him before he went back upstairs, then maybe I would have seen the signs of the heart attack before he fell down the stairs. We both probably need to get back to our exercise, but in time. My brother-in-law spent some time here this week and helped me clean out my husbands tool & work room. He had a lot of scrap wood that we ended taking to the recyclables. His power saw and equipment went with my brother-in-law. My daughter is here this weekend and going to help me get organized. They say no big decisions such as a move until six months, we are too emotional, but I am getting prepared for it. Are you working now? I think maybe I would be better to be doing something, asked to teach but just not ready. You are in my prayers.
No, I'm not working at this time but getting ready to start a new job.
I'm going to visit his kids and granddaughter today. We all feel lost without him.
Next week I'll be going to FL to visit a girlfriend and my brothers. It will be nice to get away for awhile but find it sad to be traveling alone.
It's nice your daughter is there with you to help with a difficult task.
Praying for you.
I wish you well on your new job. Good for you, go on a visit to Florida that is where the daughter that visited me this weekend is from. We worked pretty hard; actually they worked a lot harder than me. We did get some things accomplished. I had a 24 hour bug Friday, the Dr. prescribed some anti-depressants to me, Thursday - they are also affecting me. I am not crying like I was, but my sleep is even worse than it was and they are upsetting my stomach. I called this morning and he said to continue them, cut the dosage in half and try for another week. I almost want to just quit them. He knew me and my husband very well, all I did was cry in his office last Thursday. I am driving to NC to visit my other daughter and the rest of my family Thursday; I hope I don't feel like I do today. Phil was always the grocery shopper, I went to the grocery store today, I miss the special things he did for me, and he loved the grocery store. It is so quite around here, I have my doggies, but I really wish family was closer by. I have one neighbor that has been so good to me, she stayed with me the night that Phil passed, and she has been wonderful. There are a few more neighbors that have been very supportive, but on the average this isn't a very friendly condo association, most of my friends are the ones I met while teaching Yoga. I will be moving to NC or FL in the near future. I hope you enjoy your trip. Peace & Blessings.
Hi Becca, I hope your flu is gone and you're able to sleep.
I just got back today from visiting his kids and granddaughter.It seemed like we were all waiting for him to come walking in the door..busy as always working on something. It's so lonely without the comfort of his arm around me or cuddling together. The kids really miss their father, their leader.
I'm leaving Fri and haven't packed a thing..not very excited about anything.
I hope you have a nice visit with your daughter and family in NC.
It sounds like you have one nice neighbor. I was workng so much I don't really know mine, except a few words here and there.
My family lives an hour away and both brothers live in FL. I wish they lived closer as well, especially now. My daughter is coming home to spend the night with me tonight.
Take care and hope to reconnect when you come back home.
I am so new to this so I wont say to much as it is still very hard but your post is helping and Im at work and dont know how to work this page out would really like to talk to you and tell my story and why Im here I lost my Elizabeth on Apirl 2 2010 the pain is so big its bigger everyday I wake up crying cuz she is not next to me its not right...........
thank you for writing to me... so much of what you say sounds so much like Leon and I. I function only because I have to... I miss his embrace, his humor, his wonderful smile.. I truly feel like half of me is gone. Are you on facebook? I am there and would love to talk to you more. Hang in there.
Nancy, I haven't received a friend request, so I am wondering if you got the right one! it's under Kim milligan , I live in grayville illinois, and my profile picture right now has my husband laying on the ground in a green t shirt, holding our daughter when she was little.. I will look up your name as well and see if that gets me anywhere...
Thank u Kim for reaching out. i really didnt know where to go. sis, I know what ur going thru. i feel angry, guilty and let down at times. Many times, when I'm alone I keep thinking mayb I could have done somthing to prevent his death but then remind myself it's over and there is nothing to be done. That's very hard to accept. my loving and caring husband Chris left this world and me devastated in October 2009. even now i cannot believe it happened. i feel one day when i open the door, he will be there !! oh how i wish ... im fighting back by tears. i feel lost and scared to face life alone. my life has stopped, i move b'cas i hv too. the pain and grief is unbearable. miss him very much, his wonderful smile.. his humour.. his dancing... im taking one day at a time.
Feel better when company is around. my family is showing options, but i lost interest in life and cannot decide what to do. Pl pray for me. I am praying for all of us. lets ask God to give us strength to go on.. take care.
Kim,
I am in a similar situation, my wife chose to end her own life 2-weeks ago apparently due to depression, and my 18-year old daughter and I are also very lost and deeply depressed we miss her. My daughter and I didn't even know that she was thinking that way, she didn't give us any indication.

We are also lost, depressed and feeling alone without mom here. I understand what your going through and hope that there is some hope for (us) and others in this awful situation. I am 49 and my wife was 51.

Sincerely,
Kevin
wow... Kevin, I am so sorry. I can't even begin to know what to say. I am three months into this nightmare, and I still can't get my head around it sometimes. Yes, the circumstances are much different, but the end result is the same in many ways. I have such a hard time seeing life go on around me and it doesn't seem to matter how different our life now is. It's so strange! If there's anything you want to talk about, please write me back. I will help in any way I can. I will also pray...
Kim,
I basically had a week-long breakdown when we found out with my daughter alongside. She stayed with friends until a few days ago and she's at home now. I went back home after 2-days. We have started going to a psychologist and several different "S-O-S" type of support groups and individual hospice-bereavement therapists. How are you coping with this? Is it getting "better" after time like some say? I can't believe it could. Your right, at first the reasons, the guessing why, etc was all Sara and I could think of. But now, as you said, the result is the same, she's gone and it's quiet and alone at home without her. We pray also, and I will pray for strength and guidance tonight for you also. Feel free to download to me also, if you need to.
Kevin
I want to apologize for posting our issues on this group. I am new to this kind of stuff, email-chat, etc, and don't know alot about it. I posted our problem into this group without thinking first and should have posted into the 'suicide' group instead.
Sincerely,
Kevin

RSS

Latest Activity

dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Susan E Marshall and William Gardener are now friends
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5
Angie Rowland joined Rita-Cecile's group
Thumbnail

LESBIAN ..GAY 2 SPIRITED loss and grief

Anyone who has lost their gay partner..soon finds that there may be a few things that are different...such as sorting through things and feeling like an intruder because it is also family stuff etcSee More
Apr 3
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service