This group was created for those of us who have lost a loved one in 2012 to share how we are making it through the new year. Feel free to introduce yourself. Share the date of your loss and how you are healing or recovering from grief.

http://www.onlinegriefsupport.com/group/dearly-departed-2012

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The date of my loss was September 3rd 2012 at 8:03 AM.  I wish I had a story to tell about how I am healing and or recovering but I haven't found a way yet.  Hard to explain but due to nessesity I had to dive into workoholic mode pretty much the day after my father died.  Until Thanksgiving I was working 12 or more hours a day, seven days a week. After his funeral, I went to work and put in 10 hours.   Thanksgiving was the first day I didn't do any type of work whatsoever.  I'm pretty embarressed to say that alcohol and drugs have been helping me.  I have talked to a grief councelor and she gave me several books to read.  I think I'm ready to call her and schedule another appointnment. 

Hello Joe. I am really moved by the love you have for your father. If more people would share and listen to stories like yours it just might resolve a lot of relationship issues with our loved ones before they're gone. We never know the time or day of our last goodbye. I never knew my son was going to pass on. If I knew... If he knew... We could have said goodbye and shared our love on our own terms. With so much left unsaid we end up carrying all the love we wish we had time to share before their untimely passing. So thank you. Expressing love is where we all start to heal. Let me know how things are going with the grief counselor.

i hated 2012 my movie rocket man

My husband passed away December 10, 2012.  I am still trying to figure out how I am supposed to carry on our plans and my life without him.  We were only married 2 1/2 years, but were together for 12 1/2.  I think about him every moment I am not busy and miss him terribly.  I started counseling tonight...we will see how that works.  How did everyone handle people saying "Merry Christmas" or "Happy New Year"?  

Hi Cheryl. So sorry about your loss. I had a harder time with New Year than Christmas. A lot more people were saying happy new year to me... all I could say is thank you but its not going to be a happy new year for me. I hope counseling helps you. My counselor is wonderful. I also read a lot of books on grieving. I have a good one called "Good Grief: Healing Through the Shadow of Loss", by Deborah Morris Coryell. Its always nice to know someone completely understands how I feel, what has happened to my life. Keep in touch Cheryl.

Hi DH.  It is nice to talk to someone who actually understands the grief.  Although people mean well when they say they can imagine what we are going through, they really cannot.  I have read a lot of articles on-line and I have one book I have read called "How to Survive the Loss of a Love".  I have been going through everything I have read about.  I have not, however, been able to get back into life because the stress of the past few months have physically taken its toll on me.  I am recovering, but it is keeping me down for now.

I know what you mean. I bumped in to a friend today. I met him 8 years ago when his wife died. He said its 8 years later and he still finds himself crying from time to time. He told me to take it easy on myself and don't worry about crying in the mall. There were times when tears would just well up in his eyes out of no where. He also assured me it gets better but its still just days out for me so I shouldn't expect much. Its nice to know recovery is indeed in our future and it will happen on its own time. So, lets hang in here together Cheryl.

RSS

Latest Activity

dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Susan E Marshall and William Gardener are now friends
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5
Angie Rowland joined Rita-Cecile's group
Thumbnail

LESBIAN ..GAY 2 SPIRITED loss and grief

Anyone who has lost their gay partner..soon finds that there may be a few things that are different...such as sorting through things and feeling like an intruder because it is also family stuff etcSee More
Apr 3
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service