I am still walking about the house looking aimlessly for my husband. I am so lost and the tears are endless. Nights are longer than the long days.

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

hugs. my sleep pattern is permanently tilted. i sleep only when exhausted which is around 7am. All i can say is tears are good. they are a fact of life. i never knew that you could weep and weep and still never feel that satisfaction. all the tears i cried before my husband's death, were not like grieving tears. but everytime one of those crying jags come on upon me, i am truly grateful because at least its not numbness. i feel like i'm breathing again. i'm not faking being well. i'm inside the grief and i'm inside of the grief then I'm moving through it. and i think to myself, that not only was my dear husband worthy of me missing, i am worthy enough to feel what i'm feeling no matter how uncomfortable it makes others feel, because with each tear i weep , i'm healing just a little bit more. i am gentle with myself and i give myself as much time as i need to grieve. it's the least i can do for my broken heart.
Thank you so much for this heartfelt note and hugs. I look in the mirror and simply don't recognize the outer me. I only see through to my soul and the deep saddeness that weeps so loudly within. So this is grief? I thought my heart was bleeding with the loss of my husbands love and mine for him. Pardon me if I am not making much sense. Thanks for letting me post back.
no thank you for posting at all. i remember how i used to view weeping as falling apart. but you do make sense. losing someone so dear opens you wide open to see who you are. so much pain reveals so much. at times its hardest to let go of it . i hugged it close to me for so so long. i thought myself a burnt out husk because the fire of that grieving pain was so devastating. i was so used to putting bandaids over major wounds but in grief that approach isn't at all possible. you just feel. and when you can't feel anymore, you shut down and go numb. i mean that is how it was for me. and then one day numbness never returned. all i was is raw. raw exposed me. all i can say is i had to learn to be gentle. as gentle to myself as i would be as if i had rescued a baby bird who had fallen from her nest. one day i got out ...i said i need people . i ran to church . then i ran back into my cave. and some days i can be out of it and some days i can be amongst the english. but i'm rambling. i want you to thank you for your comments. it helps to know that i am not alone in grief. many blessings to you. thanks again for reaching out and revealing how your grief is working you. hugs

RSS

Latest Activity

James D. Thornsberry and Natasha are now friends
Monday
James D. Thornsberry posted a photo

Jim

Life at Online Grief Support
Monday
Jennifer replied to Robin H's discussion Lost my Partner who wasn't my partner in the group Being the Other Woman/Other Man
"Welcome to the group.  I lost my partner on February 5th this year, so it's still pretty raw for me too.  Reading through your story really touched a chord with me.  Like you, I didn't think I would ever find a group like…"
May 1
Jennifer joined Cathy Richardson's group
Thumbnail

Being the Other Woman/Other Man

This is for anyone who has lost their lover to death and you were the other woman/other man in their life. We have to grieve in silence. I can't find any support groups and feel like I'm the only one going through this situationSee More
May 1
Jennifer and William Gardener are now friends
May 1
dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service