Hi my name is Anthony i am 49 years old i live in South Africa i lost my dad 8 years ago and i lost my brother in febuary 2013 , my mom and other brother commited suicide on the 2nd of September 2013 with unknown reasons i am survived by 1 brother we were a family of 6 the two brothers that passed on were twins its been very hard not knowing why my mom and brother decided to take there lives together

Views: 442

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Anthony like you I have had 6 losses in 10 months started 1st week of May with my god son 24, my husband 46 died on Fathers Day 2014 he was from South Africa a wonderful man grew up in Benoni, my ex husband 48 (my sons bio father died on 4th of July 2014, my mom 61 of pancreatic cancer Sept. 9 2014, my cousin 46 drank himself to death Jan 26, 2015, and my other cousin 38 overdosed Feb 2nd 2015.  Almost more then I can handle

I'm so very sorry, Anthony. I can empathize with you truly. I am no stranger to suicide. Two brothers and a nephew committed suicide and the last one was in 2000. He was my closest friend and we were so close. I felt a part of myself was ripped away with his death. I lost my mother six months ago and my very best friend of 34 yrs after her battle with cancer. I've also been through a divorce in the middle of all of this. That part is a relief I must say. He had no clue how to be empathetic. Anyway, I am so sorry you are suffering so much. I understand and there are no words that can ease the pain. All I can say is it's one day at a time and really, sometimes, it's living hour to hour because the pain is so intense. No one can understand the intense pain of suicide unless they've walked through that darkness themselves. I'm so very sorry for your losses. Deep breaths, take care of yourself and remember it is important to do things for yourself! Never let anyone tell you to get on with life or to get over it! If they do, they deserve a punch in the 'ol snozolla! 

It WILL be ok, but you need friends to help you through the anniversaries of all kinds.

You need your friends and family as much as possible. If not, then sometimes, therapy and these support group sites can really help.

Best wishes,

Melinda

Hello Melinda

Thank you for your kind words so sorry to hear about your losses to , suicide is a difficult thing to understand my brother and mom lived in kzn we spoke often and visited when we could they always seemed happy they were financialy  very stable had a good business im not sure what could have made them decide to take their lives together , some days im very sad other days i tend to be angry for being left with such a great burden with many unanswered questions , its true what you say no one understands unless they have been through suicide im very stubborn at times and always want to deal with things on my own , i find speaking to someone with similar  problems as myself does make it easier , Going through a divorce cant make things very much easier for you so sorry to hear about that , i have been divorced for 23 years i have two daughters one from my marriage and my other daughter through a 14 year relationship , i prey and hope in time we may receive a understanding to our losses and as time goes by that we may heal we will always have good memories to cherish . May God Bless you and thank you again for your kind words .

Kind Regards Best Wishes

Anthony

RSS

Latest Activity

dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Susan E Marshall and William Gardener are now friends
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5
Angie Rowland joined Rita-Cecile's group
Thumbnail

LESBIAN ..GAY 2 SPIRITED loss and grief

Anyone who has lost their gay partner..soon finds that there may be a few things that are different...such as sorting through things and feeling like an intruder because it is also family stuff etcSee More
Apr 3
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service