Oh very young
What will you leave us this time
You're only dancing on this earth for a short while
And though your dreams may toss and turn you now
They will vanish away like your daddy's best jeans
Denim Blue fading up to the sky
And though you want him to last forever
You know he never will
(You know he never will )
And the patches make the goodbye harder still

Oh very young
What will you leave us this time
There'll never be a better chance to change your mind
And if you want this world to see a better day
Will you carry the words of love with you
Will you ride the great white bird into heaven
And though you want to last forever
You know you never will
(You know you never will )
And the goodbye makes the journey harder still

Oh very young
What will you leave us this time
You're only dancing on this earth for a short while
Oh very young
What will you leave us this time

Views: 104

You need to be a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community to add comments!

Join Online Grief Support - A Social Community

Comment by Ellen on October 25, 2010 at 12:06am
Thank you tearfully.

Latest Activity

Debbie Lynn Hallstrom commented on Karen's group Missing my Son or Daughter
"Hello. My name is Debbie. I am Adrianne's Daughter. I joined this group to announce to you of her passing. She took her last breath on July 4th, 2016. She was my best friend, my better half and my person. I am not sure how to even begin to…"
3 hours ago
Debbie Lynn Hallstrom joined Karen's group
Thumbnail

Missing my Son or Daughter

For all of us that are suffering the loss a son or daughter.
4 hours ago
Debbie Lynn Hallstrom joined Karen's group
Thumbnail

I miss my Mom!

If you have that hole in your heart that you get when you lose the woman that you shared a body with....
4 hours ago
Nancy Dynes commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Theresa, I could cry for you. I'm so sorry you never had a chance to even say goodbye to your mom. I completely agree about The Lord giving us strength during this time of overwhelming grief. I'm Catholic and believe my mom is in heaven…"
7 hours ago
Rita commented on Karen's group Missing my Son or Daughter
"Before my life changed on July 5, 2016 I was going to my Dads 3 times a week. I cooked, did his laundry, played dominoes, took him to doctor appointments, picked up prescriptions, bought his groceries and filled his pill box and whatever else needed…"
8 hours ago
Theresa commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Nancy is right Olive seeing a physician is good, I did also. I truly believe that God is giving me strength to see me through losing my mom. I don't know if you read the beginning of my post, my mom died suddenly and unexpectedly from cardiac…"
8 hours ago
Nancy Dynes commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"My heart goes out to you, Olive. That type of anxiety is crippling. I'm glad you have a physician who is making sure your symptoms are treated. I have experienced those symptoms at a younger age after being severely injured in an automobile…"
9 hours ago
JO B replied to JO B's discussion mad at god
10 hours ago
Theresa commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Olive, the answer is yes, I have extreme anxiety, I shake, its awful, even though it has been over a year, I did not want to take and SSRI, I practice yoga, it helps, but not enough. I was wondering if anyone else suffered from this. I pray it goes…"
10 hours ago
Olive commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Hi Nancy, Theresa, and Bluebell,  Thank you so very much for responding to my post.  I am so sorry for the losses of your dear moms.  I feel like I don't know how to exist in the world without her.  I have a wonderful…"
11 hours ago
JO B commented on Diana, Grief Counselor's blog post After Death Communication
12 hours ago
BLUEBELL replied to BLUEBELL's discussion Lost my Mom
"Take care too Raina. I am not having a good morning , so I am short on words. What I am hanging on to is the faith that I know it will get better and I will move on with my life. I just do not know when that will be. Maybe it will be tomorrow and…"
18 hours ago
Louise commented on Louise's blog post Can't cope
"Thank you Morgan, your support means so much to me, I was in a bad place when I wrote this. I don't really have many people to talk to; there were loads of people there for me just after he died, but everyone has drifted away. My very best…"
18 hours ago
Raina2012 replied to BLUEBELL's discussion Lost my Mom
"Being your mothers caregiver must have been hard. And now that she is gone its all different. I think maybe you should try to stay at your house. My mom and i had an apartment together and i am trying to break the lease because i cant live there. To…"
18 hours ago
Theresa commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Nancy, what you said is true, my mom was all I had, I miss her everyday and I don't cry everyday anymore, I try not to, just when I need to.  But I try to get ahold of myself. It just feels as though this part of my heart will never…"
22 hours ago
morgan left a comment for Mary
"Mary, You have perfectly expressed the suffering of all of us who come here and are trying to manage.  How do we have any hope or get through a day?  No one has an answer.  We all just take baby steps towards what a day might hold.…"
yesterday
morgan commented on Louise's blog post Can't cope
"Louise,  Just  keep trying.  Baby steps.  Thats all any of us can do.  We keep trying to get through another day because there is only one other option which is not really desirable.  Do you have anyone who really…"
yesterday
Nancy Dynes commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Hi, Misty. I'm so thankful to hear your results were negative for cancer! My heart goes out to you that you couldn't have your mom by your side going through all of that. It's harder for me to share things with my dad as well, but my…"
yesterday
Nancy Dynes commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Hi, Olive. Theresa and I have been going through the same thing. It's almost 2 years since I lost my sweet mom. It sounds like our moms were very much alike. I still cry privately each day. I have an underlying sadness during even the happiest…"
yesterday
Rita commented on Karen's group Missing my Son or Daughter
"I haven't posted anything in a while but I come here to read stories about the losses we (mostly) Mothers are going through. Looking for answers and knowing in my heart there are none...My Jesse was 38 days away from being 38 years old. Why do…"
yesterday