The Chat feature allows you to participate in a “community-wide” live chatroom as well as private chats with other members of Online Grief Support.  The chat feature is a fun and easy way for us to connect. There is a Chat bar at the bottom of every page, and you can see what’s going on at a glance.  You can also click on the “Chat” tab at the top of the page.

You can:

• start private chats with other members on the network
  • turn notification sounds on or off
  • pop out the chat window
  • disconnect from Chat by setting your status as offline

The Chat bar will display the public chat area called the “Main Room” as well as the number of members online. When the Main Room tab is minimized, a red indicator with the number of unread messages appears. Clicking on either tab will expand the windows to let you see messages or message other members privately. You can also stretch the chat windows to make them taller by clicking the center of a chat pane and dragging it upwards. The taller chat windows will even stay the same height when you move between pages on the network.

Clicking on a member’s profile photo in chat allows you to initiate a private chat with them. When the member accepts, the two of you will be placed in your own separate chatroom. You can hop back into the main chatroom by clicking the “Main” tab.

When you receive a private message, a new tab with that message will pop up. If you minimize it (by clicking within the header that contains the member’s name) and receive another message, another red indicator with the number of unread messages is displayed.

The icon furthest to the right toggles your online status — the green circle indicates that you’re online, while the red circle indicates that you’re disconnected. You can also use this icon to toggle sound on or off.

We hope you enjoy the chat feature. Grieving is a difficult journey. Don’t go it alone. It helps to connect with others and chatting helps us heal. 

Tags: Chat

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i no no 1 is evr on mush thes days i try 2 get on wen i can i no im bac in numness agan 

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Michelle is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Friday
Rosie updated their profile
Thursday
Joe H. left a comment for Margie
"Margie, I am deeply sorry for the loss of your mother - I listened to you speak at this past Zoom meeting and felt my heart hurt at the pain in your voice.  I truly hope that you will continue to join the meeting on Monday and pray they will…"
Thursday
Devanshi added a discussion to the group Too Young To Die
Thumbnail

Losing my 15 year old brother

I lost my brother in November 2020. Our family has been devastated ever since. Everyday is a new struggle. I want to support my family but I am myself having a tough time coping with thingsSometimes I get tied up in looking after myself vs looking after them . It's important to do bothBut i dont know how to manage for nowSee More
Thursday
Devanshi joined Jennifer's group
Thumbnail

Too Young To Die

My fiancé was hit by a car while biking last year, he would had turn 28 that month. Nobody deserve to die in an young age.See More
Thursday
Samantha and Rosie are now friends
Thursday
Devanshi is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Wednesday
Rosie replied to Liv's discussion New to this severity of grief
"I'm sorry, Liv. You're right it's not fair. Your dad should be there celebrating with you. I'm sorry he's not. <3"
Tuesday

© 2021   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service