I found that venting some of the stupid things people say with others that hear them as well helped me with some of the frustration. We know they mean well but, Dont you just want to scream sometimes..... So lets Vent - Go for It..... Lets hear them----

Views: 6674

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Gosh there has been so many.... These are a few that burn me...

IT WAS HIS TIME ///
------ BULL SHIT !!! He was 16 years old--- How old are your children -I wanted to say!
He is in a better place ///
------
Gosh What did you do to deserve this? ///
------
GOD dosent give us more than we can handle ///
------ Then he really screwed up this time- Cause I can't handle it -------
Oh- If this were me I couldn't handle it /// How do you get out of bed in the morning ///
------ I don't dumb ass- - I want to scream.......
Why do people feel the need to always tell me about the accidents their kids were in & how it scared them.... I mean do they really think that helps me to hear about the fender benders --- when Brad didn't survive the accident he was in.... !!
I mean really * then they look at me funny when I excuse myself -- !!!
They can be glad I excuse my self- It is so I don't say what I am thinking-
Like what the FU@k are you thinking--- !!!
I care about their kids of course & am glad they are ok----
But- really what the FU@K --- Why does everyone tell me about their auto accidents,....!!!
< & I do not mean those of you that have lost a child- I know you get it-- it is the fender bender crap>

I hear you Karen. I get the same thing. Wow - I just have to walk away.

I am so stunned what comes out of people's mouths!

All these years later ... And when I do leave my house (as I have become so recluse)

----

I still hear insensitive comments just last week - I was told that not only was this gods plan I agreed to it before I was ever born.  

----

Where do people come up with this stuff?  

Wow, that is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.    

People keep telling me that they know how I feel. None of the people that tell me that have a child that was killed so how can they know.
Hello Joan........my feelings exactly!

we should write a book on all the things NOT TO SAY OR SUGGEST WHEN SOMEONE YOU KNOW LOSES A CHILD ..

I say the one with God doesn't give us more than we can handle, even to myself. I honestly believe this, but sometimes it does feel like it especially when you have lost a child, no matter how old. And my response to they can't handle, I say, "I can't imagine handle it either, but I have too." That usually stops them in their tracks.

Best response I've heard yet.. hope I remember it next time someone says something stupid....

Karen you said this 2009. People including my grief counselor said the same thing on our first visit. "I just can't image, what is going through your mind"

I wanted to say, "Really..as the tears fall and mucus from my nose keep running."

I couldn't be as strong as you....

---I'm the strongest weakling I know then

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

---survival is overrated

RSS

Latest Activity

Linda Engberg commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Thanks Morgan. I wish for my own death also. I pray there is a Heaven so I can be with my Julian and all the that people that were close to me."
yesterday
morgan commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Linda,  I am so sorry to hear of more loss in your life.  I don't know about you but I end up just dissolving when I hear of loss.  Mine or anyone else's.  Grief has given me one thing. The overarching aching desire to…"
Friday
"Lost two more relatives this week."
Thursday
Linda mendenhall left a comment for Linda mendenhall
"I miss my mom every day"
Thursday
Linda mendenhall left a comment for Linda mendenhall
"I lost my mom to cancer Dec 2018 I 5ook care of her for 8 years"
Thursday
Danielle Emenhiser updated their profile
Thursday
Profile IconLinda mendenhall, Ellen costa and Danielle Emenhiser joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Wednesday
Wendy Zwickl is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Monday
Joe Kelly commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Wendy, I too wish you didn't have to find your way here.  I identify with your feeling alone even around our children and grands.  That was very loving and sweet of your grand daughter.  Read and post here.  It doesn't…"
Monday
morgan commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Wendy, I hardly know what to say other than you have come to a place where we all know the anguish and heartache that you are feeling.  Death is hard enough to stomach but to have your husband murdered is beyond my imagination.  Although I…"
Dec 8
"Wendy, So sorry for your loss. Yes I know how you feel and it is a horrible thing to go through. Everyone in this forum care for one other and it is a place to go to share your most inner thoughts. God Bless You and Your Family"
Dec 7
Wendy commented on Susie H's group surviving family members' murders
"My heart goes out to you as I recently experienced the loss of my husband who was murdered. We had been together 31 years, married 27. I remember as if it was yesterday, the phone call, the driving frantically to reach the crime scene, waiting for…"
Dec 6
Wendy joined Susie H's group
Dec 6
Wendy commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"This is the first year in 31 years that my husband will not be here. I've not put up a tree or participated in any holiday celebrations. Instead, my Son, unpacked our tree and decorations we had collected thru the years and while visiting his…"
Dec 6
Dec 6
Wendy joined Jon-Paul Ackerman's group
Dec 4
Wendy joined Julie Dolsey-Weiss's group
Thumbnail

Multiple Losses Group

I am creating this site for the many of us who have suffered several losses. I lost my mom, dad, grandma(2nd mom), grandpa, my beloved dog and divorce.Many of us have lost more than one person or event.Come share!See More
Dec 4
Wendy is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Dec 4
jacq kramer joined Julie Dolsey-Weiss's group
Thumbnail

Multiple Losses Group

I am creating this site for the many of us who have suffered several losses. I lost my mom, dad, grandma(2nd mom), grandpa, my beloved dog and divorce.Many of us have lost more than one person or event.Come share!See More
Dec 3
Marie Eaddy is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Dec 3

© 2019   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service