I lost my husband we were high school sweethearts we had plans and it was not suppose to be this way we had two kids together and I feel so lost and the pain i feel becuase of how much I miss him and my kids asking or saying daddy when they hear the doorbell kills me but i have to make it every day for them they keep me breathing. I know the pain never goes away but does it ever get easier to deal with? 

Views: 168

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nicole,

I would have to say after 5 years that the pain is easier to deal with. 

Some days, yes it does. And some days it’s worse than the day you lost him. I’m two years out.

Nicole, I'm almost 4 years out(next month). At this point the pain is generally duller. Every so often, and it doesn't have to be a birthday or anniversary, something triggers a sharper pain. My life with my husband almost seems like it was another lifetime or a twin of me lived it. Time moves on and we get swept along with it. 

Hello

I only wanted to share with you, as I'm trying to share with everybody, True Miracles that I'm experiencing. And wanted to let everybody know about them, and about the fact that there is no death, and our loved ones are waiting for us in a Beautiful Heaven. 

Here is the blog I only started writing to share this absolute miracle nodeathonlylove.wordpress.com

I too lost my husband, the father of my three sons, in June unexpectedly. I would have never imagined being a widow. As it is still relatively new for me as well, I don’t know the answer as to whether it gets easier. I can only hope and pray that it does. My Sons have been my lifeline. I know that my husband would want me to be there for both of us. I remember that when I am blinded by my grief. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Christina Powell left a comment for Eva
"I am very sorry for you, too, Eva....and I appreciate so much your reply.  It is the first I have gotten so far, though I admit I’ve been too upset lately to check on this.  My mother and I had always been so close, I really feel…"
yesterday
Profile IconDeidre DeMier and Christian Miller joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Tuesday
Christian Miller added a discussion to the group Multiple Losses Group
Thumbnail

My Story

When I was twelve my mother was murdered then my beloved sweet grandmother died when I was 18. My maternal grandfather died when I was 22. My maternal grandmother died when I was 33 and my final living parent/grandparent died when I was 35.  I lived with a lot of loss most of it came at a sudden clip.  I'm left with incredible feeling of loneliness even though I've been married for 20+ years and have two wonderful children.  It's tough to share my true feelings with my wife because it's so hard…See More
Tuesday
Christian Miller added a discussion to the group surviving family members' murders
Thumbnail

My Story

When I was twelve years old, my mother was brutally murdered during a robbery of our home.  I came within minutes of finding her body but by sheer chance I didn't.  It has been over 35 years since that day but it still effects my life today.  As a child, I went through the trial of the man convicted of killing my beautiful mother then as a man I went through his parole process finally his death from illness in prison. See More
Tuesday
Christian Miller joined Susie H's group
Tuesday
Christian Miller joined Julie Dolsey-Weiss's group
Thumbnail

Multiple Losses Group

I am creating this site for the many of us who have suffered several losses. I lost my mom, dad, grandma(2nd mom), grandpa, my beloved dog and divorce.Many of us have lost more than one person or event.Come share!See More
Tuesday
Christian Miller updated their profile
Tuesday
Eva joined Katherine Ellis's group
Thumbnail

Losing Someone to Cancer

This is for anyone who has lost somone to cancer. I lost my adopted Mom to breast cancer some years ago. She was everything I could have asked for. She loved me because I was just me. She also loved my family and children as if they were her own.See More
Saturday

© 2020   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service