Hi, is anybody on this site suffering nausea since the demise of their spouse ?.

My doctor told me that Grief causes nausea.  Why does it, that's what I want to know.?

I aim to ask my doctor when I see him ?

Views: 646

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with Mike, Zofran does not help grief caused by nausea, I tried it but no relief.

Yes, Rocky takes it for nausea. But I have a script for it to help with nausea too. And lucky for me it helps with the pain I have from an ulcer.  

I guess not everything works the same for everyone. Just thought I would mention it due to it's off-label use for people like me. I know my nausea and the ulcers are due to stress and worry because it comes on when I am feeling upset or stressed.

That was my reaction when my father in law passed away. I was assured that it was a normal reaction for some people. After all death is so unnatural and humans were created to live forever. Our cells renew every 7 years so why do we grow old or get sick and die? On top of that your life just turned upside down. Give yourself a break and take things very slow. I relly think that talking about it is the best medicine. No, talking, will not fix anything and will never take the pain away. Most importantly, though, talking about it helps you share the load with trusted friends. Remember the song:

Lean On Me Lyrics

Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain
We all have sorrow
But, if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

[Chorus]
Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

You can call on me brother
When you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem
That you'll understand
We all need somebody to lean on

Please, swallow your pride
If I have things
You need to borrow
For no one can fill
Those of your needs
That you won't let show

[Chorus]

If there is a load
You have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me, call me
If you need a friend, call me
If you need a friend
If you ever need a friend
Call me
Call me
Well, you can lean on anyone here and I promise to listen anytime...
Brenda

had nreves stomic on/off im shaky coz of mums ilnes nw handd hav temers shaky i seam a nerves weck

had dires direa sicknes on/off coz of loss of so musjh of it 

Yes, my doctor and theraphist said it relates to nerves.

I woke up this morning not having nausea, so far so good, im doing my best not to think about it.

The first thing I did after being told my mom was dead, was run to the bathroom and vomit.  I have had a nervous stomach my whole life, though.  But intense grief definitely can make you nauseas.

I wonder why this happens, particularly for such a long time with many people suffering grief ?

Yes I have the same issue with nausea i find that since my husband passed my stomach is alway in knots haven't found anything that helps I just deal with it

How do you deal with it.?

I drink beer,

So do I.  How many do you have ?

RSS

Latest Activity

Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5
esther joined HollowHeart's group
Thumbnail

Sibling Loss

This group is for anyone that has lost a brother or sister. Sibling loss is often minimized and people don't realize how devastating losing a sibling can be. I lost my older sister and my life will never be the same. She was my only sibling, I looked up to her, I went to her for everything. I lost my past, present and future. It is traumatic.See More
Mar 4
Speed Weasel posted a video

Sun Keeps Risin'

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesSun Keeps Risin' · Lissie · Elisabeth Corrin Maurus · Martin CraftMy Wild West℗ 2015 Lionboy RecordsReleased on...
Feb 26
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Triggers Continue to Surface

Late February is a challenging time of year for me.  Jen’s birthday is the 23rd and serves as an annual reminder of all of the potential that was lost…Her’s (mainly), mine, the world’s honestly.  This year she would be 52…It is increasingly hard to imagine, through all of the iterations possible, what she could have become, what was to be her (significant) impact on the world.That being said, things, emotions, have largely settled down since I committed a potential version of what could have…See More
Feb 15
Michelle joined Gyla Lynn Darden's group
Thumbnail

Loss of a child In memory of my son or daughter

This group focuses on healing ourselves and each other over the death of a child and welcomes a Christian atmosphere to help with the healing process. I welcome all of those grieving.See More
Feb 8
Tammy McLaughlin and Rosie are now friends
Jan 30

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service