Hi, is anybody on this site suffering nausea since the demise of their spouse ?.

My doctor told me that Grief causes nausea.  Why does it, that's what I want to know.?

I aim to ask my doctor when I see him ?

Views: 598

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think I would be able to. I think it would upset Rocky. He gets upset when I'm on facebook and has accused me of talking to some man...even when I show him what I'm doing. I have 8 little parrots (2 babies I'm handfeeding) so I communicate with other bird people from all over the world about our birds. But he is paranoid about everything, so its not a good idea.

I would love to see Tootsie! Can you post more pictures? I just love animals and have my whole life. They kind of are my life, the only good part now. Rocky has not been into them like me, but he indulged me and let me have all these little birds.  I am hoping my birds and Rocky's dog help me have some sort of meaning in my life when Rocky goes. Right now it doesn't feel like they will. I know it sounds terrible, but I have lots of thoughts of ending my life when Rocky dies. It's just these thoughts that are there all the time, every single day. I've never been alone before. I always had my kids at least.  Now they are grown and moved far away.

Kathleen, read this.......What is Zofran?

Zofran (ondansetron) blocks the actions of chemicals in the body that can trigger nausea and vomiting.

Zofran is used to prevent nausea and vomiting that may be caused by surgery or by medicine to treat cancer (chemotherapy or radiation).

Zofran is not for preventing nausea or vomiting that is caused by factors other than cancer treatment or surgery.

I agree with Mike, Zofran does not help grief caused by nausea, I tried it but no relief.

Yes, Rocky takes it for nausea. But I have a script for it to help with nausea too. And lucky for me it helps with the pain I have from an ulcer.  

I guess not everything works the same for everyone. Just thought I would mention it due to it's off-label use for people like me. I know my nausea and the ulcers are due to stress and worry because it comes on when I am feeling upset or stressed.

That was my reaction when my father in law passed away. I was assured that it was a normal reaction for some people. After all death is so unnatural and humans were created to live forever. Our cells renew every 7 years so why do we grow old or get sick and die? On top of that your life just turned upside down. Give yourself a break and take things very slow. I relly think that talking about it is the best medicine. No, talking, will not fix anything and will never take the pain away. Most importantly, though, talking about it helps you share the load with trusted friends. Remember the song:

Lean On Me Lyrics

Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain
We all have sorrow
But, if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

[Chorus]
Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

You can call on me brother
When you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem
That you'll understand
We all need somebody to lean on

Please, swallow your pride
If I have things
You need to borrow
For no one can fill
Those of your needs
That you won't let show

[Chorus]

If there is a load
You have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me, call me
If you need a friend, call me
If you need a friend
If you ever need a friend
Call me
Call me
Well, you can lean on anyone here and I promise to listen anytime...
Brenda

had nreves stomic on/off im shaky coz of mums ilnes nw handd hav temers shaky i seam a nerves weck

had dires direa sicknes on/off coz of loss of so musjh of it 

Yes, my doctor and theraphist said it relates to nerves.

I woke up this morning not having nausea, so far so good, im doing my best not to think about it.

The first thing I did after being told my mom was dead, was run to the bathroom and vomit.  I have had a nervous stomach my whole life, though.  But intense grief definitely can make you nauseas.

I wonder why this happens, particularly for such a long time with many people suffering grief ?

Yes I have the same issue with nausea i find that since my husband passed my stomach is alway in knots haven't found anything that helps I just deal with it

How do you deal with it.?

RSS

Latest Activity

M Adams commented on M Adams's blog post Grief
"This came to my attention via an online site dedicated to thought provoking quotations and the history behind them.  The site sends an e-mail every week...my husband found it interesting and turned me and many of his students into subscribers.…"
4 hours ago
Profile IconLou De Vone, Britt, Claire and 1 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
4 hours ago
M Adams posted a blog post

Grief

"No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear."— C. S. LEWISSee More
16 hours ago
Profile IconAmanda Stevens and Melissa joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Friday
Melissa posted a discussion
Thursday
Melissa replied to Charles Alexander's discussion New here after sons choice of suicide
"I am so sorry for your loss!! I do know and understand what you are going through!! My son Matthew took his own life in June 13th 10 day before his 26 birthday! He checked into a super 8 on a Monday and the staff found him dead on a Thursday!! When…"
Thursday
Profile IconRhys, Jessie Karen and Barbara joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Wednesday
Aright updated their profile
Oct 14
Linda Engberg commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Hi Joe, I understand what you mean.  There will never be anymore of what we did together, IT IS FINISHED."
Oct 10
Mandy is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Oct 10
Oct 9
Joe Kelly commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Strike those vacations below, they'll never be another one.  Went on a memorial cruise with my daughter and family four months after she passed because she was so looking forward to it.  It hurt enough to know they'll be no more."
Oct 9
"Yes Elynn, the loneliness.  That's painful.  They're not here and always was.  Our best friend, lover, and most precious thing we had.  We were lucky enough to spend the last 8 1/2 years together, joined at the…"
Oct 9
Elynn m commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"I've had a rough few weeks.   August 31st would have been our 45th wedding anniversary.   September 27 was year 4 of my husband's passing.   It's pretty lonely around here.  Its difficult to talk…"
Oct 9
"Every day for me is the same day she passed.  Not a joyful or even an ok moment.  I spend a little time with the children and grands and do my best to hide my emotions, but they all know how I am inside, even the youngest grand at age 4…"
Oct 8
Profile IconDinah and Morgan A Conger joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Oct 8
"Morgan, I feel the same as you. My sweet dog Babie J is nearing the Rainbow Bridge. I wanted stay on this earth for her. Once she passes I will do nothing to save my own soul.  "
Oct 8
Brett Bowman commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Avi, I don't know if we can rethink our emotions that way. Our emotions are what they are, although reason can help us form our emotions and hopefully change them for the better. I don't know if my mom can hear me or not. I certainly…"
Oct 8
Avi commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"How are you all doing?  I had bad last 2 days. Felt lot of guilt and cried. There were some moments which made me remember my mother.  Also I hear comforting words by a lady that people who have gone from this world can still feel your…"
Oct 8
morgan commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"I wonder how i am managing.  Not well and to be onest today I wanted to just set a date with death. I am approaching seven years of being without him and though I function towards the outside world better and my crying has lessened but at the…"
Oct 7

© 2019   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service