Today was ridiculously hard. Two years ago today the surgeon came out of the operating room to inform me that he had found a tumor on my husbands appendix that had metastasized into his abdomen and that he was stage four cancer and had maybe 9 months left to live. He left me crying desperately on the floor. My husband lasted 26 days. 

I have cried so hard the first part of today I have nothing left. I am exhausted and forever alone when my only reason for living was to share life and love with him. Nothing else while trying to reconstruct my life since then gives me any joy. Life is so hollow without his energy. All I want is to be with him again. 

Views: 766

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry for your loss and to see anybody in this much pain it really bothers me. I am going through the same exact thing. If I hear one more person tell me to take it day by day I'm going to scream. I wonder if you feel the same way. It is just an empty lonely feeling and nobody understands. Everyone says to me snap out of it, easier said than done I want to snap out of it I just can't.do you feel the same way, if so you're not alone.
To experience a loss of a mate is devastating. There is nothing that can make you whole again. The only way to feel a measure of comfort is by having a solid hope for the future. A time where what we lost will be replaced. And a time when we will never have to experience losing them again. A time of peace, Love and security a time like this is for told in the Bible. John 5:28, 29. Acts 24 vs 15. Rev 21 vs 3, 4. I hope reading these things give you a small comfort and hope to draw from as each day goes on. As you do live each day I pray that you will find a hope so secure in knowing you can see your loved ones again. I pray for this time as I reflect on my friend and even the recent loss of another dear friend so suddenly.

RSS

Latest Activity

dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Susan E Marshall and William Gardener are now friends
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5
Angie Rowland joined Rita-Cecile's group
Thumbnail

LESBIAN ..GAY 2 SPIRITED loss and grief

Anyone who has lost their gay partner..soon finds that there may be a few things that are different...such as sorting through things and feeling like an intruder because it is also family stuff etcSee More
Apr 3
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service