I don't understand why people keep telling me that things are going to get easier when people ask me how I am like a friend of mine that I've been friends with for over 30 years she lost her husband 10 years ago and she tells me that things are going to get easier and I tell her no things are harder and harder and harder every day the sadness is overwhelming how in the world is anything going to get easier and she says it will with time maybe for her but not for me not ever

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yep i no

i no u dnt get ovr it it will hrut for evr i no all i no u hav 2 liv wif it wish i no so hrd 

someone said to me once that you never get used to it and this is just the new normal. I hate that saying it sounds so complete and over but I can't seem to get it out of my head

Pamela, sounds like you are not coping very well. It's hard to do. Have you seen a therapist, or counselor? It feels like such a lot of work, but overall I think you could possibly find a way to cope.

I know...that doesn't sound like much of a life..  coping.  Sounds like something I wouldn't want. But I think that is where "it gets easier in time" comes from. You learn to cope with what was pushed onto you. Every time I do something around the house that I've never done before because Rocky always did all that, I'm pretty proud of myself and my ability to cope with that thing improves. I'm not so scared as I was before.

I'm no expert, you just sound so overwhelmed. And you are! People here know what you are going through though, so keep posting and reading.

Kathy Akin

No I'm not coping very well it's been since September of 2015 my mom passed September 6th and my husband September 14th so it's been a Little over a year and coping has gotten more real and a lot harder because the numbness has worn off and now the reality sets in so for me things getting easier is never going to happen but thank you for your kind words anyway I do appreciate it

Hi pamela my mom passed oct30/2016 and my boyfriend 5 days later nov4/2016 maybe we could help each other ive been trying to find someone in my same position wishing you lots of love and strength msg me if you want to chat sometime

sisne 2012 multi loss 2013 loss 2014 loss 2-15 loss 2016 loss loss my fur kid wish wz grt frind ovr 16 yrs of frndshp i had pepe say she wz only a cat yea but my cat it dnt tell me way is huf feal wen my dad died thn loss so mush loss in 2012 thn 2013 2014 2015 2016 thn lst wk my fur kid lst tue i spt al nite sobin ovr her i s did sad 2 say only 1 it unstood my loss wz my cat she did nevr tld me 2 get f@@@k ovr it lk iv had off pepel 1s its nt had a loss 1s its not had loss seam 2 tell us way we feal thy do

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Trina Mamoon commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"morgan, Your message is so moving! Every word you say rings so true! I could have written the message. You express my innermost thoughts and wishes. It's been a little over five years for me since Joseph has been gone, but I feel his lack as…"
1 hour ago
Trina Mamoon commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"morgan, Your message is so moving! Every word you say rings so true! I could have written the message. You express my innermost thoughts and wishes. It's been a little over five years for me since Joseph has been gone, but I feel his lack as…"
1 hour ago
Joe Kelly commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"I still can't see pics here so don't know if it posted."
3 hours ago
"Jonathan, I meant to respond to your post when I read it but forgot. We're all in the same boat because we were all ONE with our Loves. You'll notice by our sharing here that it just doesn't get better for us. Keep sharing here. …"
3 hours ago
"Jonathan, I meant to respond to your post when I read it but forgot.  We're all in the same boat because we were all ONE with our Loves.  You'll notice by our sharing here that it just doesn't get better for us.  I tied…"
3 hours ago
"I'm still a mess too Morgan and it just keeps getting worse.  Nothing but going to her will ever help me not be in agony every second of every day.  That being said, it has to happen naturally which really sucks because we don't…"
10 hours ago
Linda Engberg commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Hi Morgan, Once again your have posted my exact feelings on losing my beloved Julian. 7 years also. Life does not go on for me, I am just existing until death takes me and the sooner the better."
10 hours ago
morgan commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"I'm still a mess.  Almost seven years later and I still cannot absorb loss in any form.  Doesn'tmatter if its mine or someone else's.  And nothing helps.  I have a best friend who tries valiantly to comfort me.…"
10 hours ago
Profile IconLinda l Cunningham and jacq kramer joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
18 hours ago
Carol Klotz is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Sunday
Maria replied to Melissa's discussion I am new here and hoping that I can talk to someone who lost a child to suicide
"Hello Melissa, I'm so sorry for your loss. My son took his own life on August 25th. He was 20 yers old and the pain is almost unbearable. He was a wonderful human being and I miss him every day."
Saturday
Profile IconLani M., Gina, Maria and 1 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Saturday
Eileen replied to Melissa's discussion I am new here and hoping that I can talk to someone who lost a child to suicide
"Thank you !! Feels good knowing I have someone I can chat with and understands. Have a peaceful night."
Nov 8
Melissa replied to Melissa's discussion I am new here and hoping that I can talk to someone who lost a child to suicide
"I’m sorry for your pain also!! I’m always here if you ever need to talk!! Your friend melissa"
Nov 8
Eileen replied to Melissa's discussion I am new here and hoping that I can talk to someone who lost a child to suicide
"Hello Melissa, never lost a child to suicide. However lost my mother, father and husband. So my heart goes out to you. Stay strong because it's not easy. Your friend Eileen."
Nov 8
Eileen posted a status
"Thanks for accepting me into the group. I am finding it very difficult to move forward so I decided to reach out for online support."
Nov 8
Eileen is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Nov 8
morgan commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Hi to everyone,   I am sort of a broken record when it comes to how I have managed to cope with my husbands death.  I can honestly say that for the first four years looking back I was pretty much in a stupor.  The shock after sharing…"
Nov 7
Linda Engberg commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Hi Fran, So sorry for your loss. It's been 7 years since I lost my Beloved Husband. I have and never will be the person I was. I have accepted that and just go through the motions. There are no good days for me. Since the day he died, I died…"
Nov 6
Fran commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"5 years ago tonite I lost my Love. Since then I check in here periodically to see how others deal with the passage of time. Apparently, pretty similarly. We do what we must. We have "good" days and worse days. Our memories blindside us yet…"
Nov 6

© 2019   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service