I don't understand why people keep telling me that things are going to get easier when people ask me how I am like a friend of mine that I've been friends with for over 30 years she lost her husband 10 years ago and she tells me that things are going to get easier and I tell her no things are harder and harder and harder every day the sadness is overwhelming how in the world is anything going to get easier and she says it will with time maybe for her but not for me not ever

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yep i no

i no u dnt get ovr it it will hrut for evr i no all i no u hav 2 liv wif it wish i no so hrd 

someone said to me once that you never get used to it and this is just the new normal. I hate that saying it sounds so complete and over but I can't seem to get it out of my head

Pamela, sounds like you are not coping very well. It's hard to do. Have you seen a therapist, or counselor? It feels like such a lot of work, but overall I think you could possibly find a way to cope.

I know...that doesn't sound like much of a life..  coping.  Sounds like something I wouldn't want. But I think that is where "it gets easier in time" comes from. You learn to cope with what was pushed onto you. Every time I do something around the house that I've never done before because Rocky always did all that, I'm pretty proud of myself and my ability to cope with that thing improves. I'm not so scared as I was before.

I'm no expert, you just sound so overwhelmed. And you are! People here know what you are going through though, so keep posting and reading.

Kathy Akin

No I'm not coping very well it's been since September of 2015 my mom passed September 6th and my husband September 14th so it's been a Little over a year and coping has gotten more real and a lot harder because the numbness has worn off and now the reality sets in so for me things getting easier is never going to happen but thank you for your kind words anyway I do appreciate it

Hi pamela my mom passed oct30/2016 and my boyfriend 5 days later nov4/2016 maybe we could help each other ive been trying to find someone in my same position wishing you lots of love and strength msg me if you want to chat sometime

sisne 2012 multi loss 2013 loss 2014 loss 2-15 loss 2016 loss loss my fur kid wish wz grt frind ovr 16 yrs of frndshp i had pepe say she wz only a cat yea but my cat it dnt tell me way is huf feal wen my dad died thn loss so mush loss in 2012 thn 2013 2014 2015 2016 thn lst wk my fur kid lst tue i spt al nite sobin ovr her i s did sad 2 say only 1 it unstood my loss wz my cat she did nevr tld me 2 get f@@@k ovr it lk iv had off pepel 1s its nt had a loss 1s its not had loss seam 2 tell us way we feal thy do

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconLinda mendenhall, Ellen costa and Danielle Emenhiser joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
10 hours ago
Wendy Zwickl is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Monday
Joe Kelly commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Wendy, I too wish you didn't have to find your way here.  I identify with your feeling alone even around our children and grands.  That was very loving and sweet of your grand daughter.  Read and post here.  It doesn't…"
Monday
morgan commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Wendy, I hardly know what to say other than you have come to a place where we all know the anguish and heartache that you are feeling.  Death is hard enough to stomach but to have your husband murdered is beyond my imagination.  Although I…"
Sunday
Linda Engberg commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Wendy, So sorry for your loss. Yes I know how you feel and it is a horrible thing to go through. Everyone in this forum care for one other and it is a place to go to share your most inner thoughts. God Bless You and Your Family"
Saturday
Wendy commented on Susie H's group surviving family members' murders
"My heart goes out to you as I recently experienced the loss of my husband who was murdered. We had been together 31 years, married 27. I remember as if it was yesterday, the phone call, the driving frantically to reach the crime scene, waiting for…"
Saturday
Wendy joined Susie H's group
Friday
Wendy commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"This is the first year in 31 years that my husband will not be here. I've not put up a tree or participated in any holiday celebrations. Instead, my Son, unpacked our tree and decorations we had collected thru the years and while visiting his…"
Friday
Linda Engberg commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
Friday
Wendy joined Jon-Paul Ackerman's group
Dec 4
Wendy joined Julie Dolsey-Weiss's group
Thumbnail

Multiple Losses Group

I am creating this site for the many of us who have suffered several losses. I lost my mom, dad, grandma(2nd mom), grandpa, my beloved dog and divorce.Many of us have lost more than one person or event.Come share!See More
Dec 4
Wendy is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Dec 4
jacq kramer joined Julie Dolsey-Weiss's group
Thumbnail

Multiple Losses Group

I am creating this site for the many of us who have suffered several losses. I lost my mom, dad, grandma(2nd mom), grandpa, my beloved dog and divorce.Many of us have lost more than one person or event.Come share!See More
Dec 3
Marie Eaddy is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Dec 3
morgan left a comment for Mannion13
"Mannion, I dont always have a moment to write to those who post a death that has affected the very fiber of their being and mainly I do it with those who have lost their spouse since that is the death that has affected me the most.  But your…"
Dec 2
Profile IconMannion13, Carol Robertson and Xav joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Dec 2
morgan left a comment for Lani M.
"Lani, You have hit the nail we all wanted to miss.  Nothing can hurt this bad.  Nothing.  I could never have imagined I would be as devastated, and for as long, as I have been.  I have yet to be able to reconcile the anguish.…"
Dec 1
Lani M. joined Jon-Paul Ackerman's group
Dec 1
Joe Kelly left a comment for Lani M.
"Lani, I wish I could give some comforting advice, but I know it's going to be hard.  I lost my wife Jan. 21, 2018 to cancer. Join the "Lost My Spouse" group and read through some of the posts there.  We share our feelings of…"
Dec 1
Lani M. left a comment for Lani M.
"How do I handle the holidays alone for the first time in 45 years?"
Nov 30

© 2019   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service