I have fought to keep what little there is left of my sanity. Annette being gone has caused profound pain mentally and physically. I know many here know what I'm talking about. I wake up and STILL expect to find her laying down in bed with me every morning.

I still keep having flashbacks of the good times and bad times. When we kissed, when we fought.  It still feels like the first day.

I'll find peace when we're together. Until then,   my life is nothing but just waiting to until with God's mercy my time will come soon and I can be at rest with Annette.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sorry for your loss Richard. I'm guessing your wife would not want you to give up and would want you to finish your mission here on earth whatever that may be. I lost my husband in a whirlwind cancer diagnosis on May 10. He lived 7 months. I haven't even begun to process it but I know he would want me to try and carry on as best I can. Are you seeing a grief counselor?

Nancy:

You have my sympathies over the loss of your beloved husband. I suppose each of us are stuck in certain situations are the same.

For me, with with no children, partially disabled with morbid obesity and a groin filled with so much  lymphatic fluid I walk with what amounts to a small  beach ball between my legs.

The solitude as I have mentioned in previous posts is literally taking its toll. I have micro-blackouts which  means I faint for a second only to find out I've been unconscious for an hour or so.

This means cooking is out. I have no strength for shopping and I lay in bed in agony. Add the job I currently have and now soon will lose due to my inability of having a mix of pain and exhaustion walking a few feet at a time.

I'm going to lose my position as I was warned no "sleeping on the job". I was able to keep thus far thanks to a doctors note. But that won't last as I get worse and worse.

\I go this Tuesday for a medical assessment to determine if I am eligible for social security disability. It's the final portion after 6 months of hoping and waiting. If i don't get it, after fighting to hold on to my apartment, I will finally once and for all be homeless. Something I have tried avoiding since Annette died.

I continue to fight but every fight ends with someone winning or someone losing. My help is failing but if it's my fate to be homeless, I can at least know I fought as best I could.

I'm going to pray Tuesday goes well.

Rich

for me no had a bad few yrs thrt it wud be ok

bt ths yrs bean a bad 1

bean a vivtm of crim

moms alz/dem gets wors 

i no i need 2 cry bt im wored if ido ill  be cri till 2020

sorry if imsayin wong tthns or putin my foot in ti

Jo:

You shouldn't feel bad about what you have said. everyone of us grieves differently. some people find it easy to say "grow up" and "get over it". They think we're like machines. when we're just human beings and human beings love and need love. when we lose that love a part of us literally is taken away. Love is indeed like a limb.

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Linda Engberg replied to Linda Engberg's discussion Holidays Again
"Me too."
2 hours ago
Paul replied to Linda Engberg's discussion Holidays Again
"Linda, I wish I could sleep thru these holidays as well. Then forever after that........"
4 hours ago
Kate updated their profile
9 hours ago
Profile IconRuby perkins, Kate, Sasha S and 7 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
10 hours ago
Linda Engberg replied to Linda Engberg's discussion Holidays Again
"Hi Jo, I once was happy when I had my husband at side, which will never happen again."
11 hours ago
Tina C Mauro posted a blog post

1st Year twice

Last year thanksgiving i lost my husband of 10 years.. Like 10 years, its my whole young adult life. Never in a million years did i think that I would of become a widow..its still weird writri g it let alone being it. Our daughter is 4 and she ask for him everyday. 2mrw will be hard and im trying to drown myself in work. I just dont know
11 hours ago
Theresa commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Crystal, that is the best way to describe it. a darkness looming over you, in a flash it creeps up on you we have to pray it stops and the happy memories are left"
12 hours ago
"Bailey I apologize for the spelling"
22 hours ago
Crystal K commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Hi guys, first of all condolences to you Bailey. The next few weeks will be a blur for you. And I am praying that you make it through them..Just remember, talk through it.  Having someone to talk to made it much more bearable for me. Its…"
22 hours ago
Dalana updated their profile
22 hours ago
Dalana joined Jesse's Mom's group
22 hours ago
"Brett, wouldn't that be the best Christmas gift ever....."
yesterday
JO B commented on JO B's group fur kids
"be a yr tormo sisne u bean gon"
yesterday
JO B joined MarieSte's group
Thumbnail

Grief Poems

I'm sharing the poems that I've written whilst on my grief journey to help others know they're not alone with their feelings of loss. Please share poems that you've written.See More
yesterday
JO B replied to JO B's discussion mad at god
"dnt get on mush thes days but sum days i get so mad i do"
yesterday
JO B replied to Linda Engberg's discussion Holidays Again
"yep i no fealin feed my 2 cats thn sleppp thru xmas day  its grt pic i sea u sem so happy u did  ill be glad 2 sea gud by 2 2017 yr iv had "
yesterday
Linda Engberg posted a discussion

Holidays Again

It is that time of year again that we all wish we could sleep through. It has been 5 years without my Husband I was always told things get better with time. Each year that goes by it is worse. Just trying to survive through Christmas is sheer torture. Things will never be the same again.See More
yesterday
morgan left a comment for Kristina M. Paddock
"Kristina,  I don't want to make you feel bad but what you are experiencing is so normal for traumatic loss.  The part of feeling paralyzed, difficult to go shopping, or just out of the house.  Feeling it physically.  I know…"
yesterday
BLUEBELL left a comment for Kristina M. Paddock
"I am so sorry for your loss. My Mom passed away Feb 14 of this year. I still grieve deeply for her. The holidays can be hard for all of us that have recently lost a loved one. Someone once said to mean "You honor someone when you grieve."…"
yesterday
"Belly I’m sorry for your loss you have found a great group of people here we are all going through the same thing unfortunately"
yesterday

© 2017   Created by Jarvis.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service