What would you do if you could have your lost loved one back for just five minutes?

Hi, I'm new to this site and would love to share my new project inspired by the loss of my mom 24 years ago - www.yourjustfiveminutes.com.

Just Five Minutes was created to help those dealing with grief reconnect to their lost loved one, either by dreaming the impossible, or by simply reading other peoples' words who may be experiencing a similar sense of loss as you.

It asks one question: 

'What would you do if... came back to you for just five minutes? Imagine a door in front of you opens, they walk through it, and then five minutes later they have to go back through the door and disappear forever.'

Please see www.yourjustfiveminutes.com/your-jfm/ for my first and hugely valued contributer! Please let me know if you would like to contribute your Just Five Minutes. Thanks so much, Madeleine

Tags: grief, loss

Views: 464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

noy let go but i no ther is afrer lifess coz thy can vist us is m ush is thy need 2 esplyyy wen we need thm 

Thank you - I totally agree. They never really leave us.

Madeleine, what would I do if I could have my husband back for just five minutes? My first reaction would be to run into his arms, hug him and then make mad passionate love like we did so many times and then I would ask him if I could take the pills I have in reserve so I could join him where he was.  I would like him to tell me it would be ok because I want to leave here.  I want relief from the battle in my brain. I want to be touched by him.  All the time........forever.

I am so exhausted trying to stay alive and I just want his ok to say it would be alright to stop but first and foremost I want to feel him again......close by.......within my sphere of reality.  Please please let me have five minutes...... 

Hi Morgan, I'm so very sorry for your loss and heartbreak. It makes me wonder if asking people to write to their lost one on my website is just too much for many. I really hope people's words can make readers feel less alone in their grief as I felt desperately lonely when I lost my mum as I was only 22. I realize it's not for everyone though and I am sorry if it was painful for you to write about in response to my post. Thank you for responding and take care.

Pain is relative.  As others have experienced and written about on this site it isn't as though your asking to write what would we do if we had our loved one back for just five minutes is going to make the pain any less or any more.  Its there regardless.  We cope, we manage, we do the best we can.  

But I'm with Bluebird on this one.  Knowing how this pain of missing him is,  if that five minutes was up and he went back through that door there isn't anything that would stop me from going with him either.  Nothing.  No hat, no coat, just gone.  Its simply that unbearable to be here without the love of our lives.  It just is.

I would hug and kiss my husband, and tell him how much and how deeply I love him. I would smell his skin, I would touch his face and his hair and his arms, I would listen to his voice as he told me how much and how deeply he loves me. I would never let him go, and when he went back through that door, I would go with him, and nothing in this universe or any other would be able to stop me.

Thank you and Morgan both for your responses. I can only try to imagine what you are feeling having lost your husbands but from my own personal experience I do understand how it feels natural to go with the person you lose. Thank you again and take care.

Hug them as tight as I could and never let go

I like to focus on a permanent reunion.

My beliefs encourage me to look forward to seeing my loved ones again....right here on earth (only a Paradise then) where we will all be without any more sickness, death,sorrow, or pain.

This hope for the future sustains me and helps me look to future with hope. 

Dennis,

can you tell me what you mean by being reunited here on earth?

Virginia g

Sorry for the delay

My belief comes from study of the Bible.    Did you know that there are 9 resurrections in the Bible?  Everyone of them describes a wonderful reunion. One of them says that the family was “beside themselves in great ecstasy.” 8 of those reunions happened right here on earth. 

I also believe that the Bible teaches that God will establish paradise on earth and then cause a resurrection of all those who have died so that we can all experience that “great ecstasy” ourselves...right here on earth.

Below are the scriptural accounts of those 9 resurrections. 

1 Kings 17:17-24

2 Kings 4:32-37

2 Kings 13:20, 21

Matthew 28:5-7

Luke 7:11-17

Luke 8:40-56

John 11:38-44

Acts 9:36-42

Acts 20:7-12.

Thank you for the detailed answer Dennis

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

morgan commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Amen Linda.......Today for whatever reason was a particularly rough day.  I am exhausted from crying.   I just don't know how long I can keep pushing forward.  I am definitely in the hate mode......."
3 hours ago
Linda Engberg commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
10 hours ago
Martee replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Maybe open yourself up, try to ride that love and passion I see in you. You loved your husband so deeply, focus on that. Maybe we are still here because we need to evolve a bit more or do something that God wants us to do. looking back I feel you…"
yesterday
Martee replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Exactly If We are wrong we won’t know it, but we do know that we are energy (souls), basic physics says energy cannot be destroyed. Anything is better than existing here in this void!"
yesterday
"If you focus on the light and the good, that’s is God! I have felt it, I don’t know anything about plans or why people get taken before others but I do know that wherever that next realm  is I’m ready to go I am not…"
yesterday
bluebird replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"That's great that you have no doubt about the existence of an afterlife. I doubt there's a god, but if there is one I'm not convinced it's a loving God, as it allowed my husband to die young(-ish) and one week after our wedding.…"
yesterday
Jeff C replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Morgan, Over the years I have thought that Bluebird gets it much more than almost everyone who has written about this - at least from my point of view. At the root of this, I think, it's the absence of their presence that hurts so much.  I…"
yesterday
"bluebird I can’t help but hold out hope in reading all these entries from people that some of them made it to the next realm. That is the reason we don’t hear from some anymore, because they passed on with with their loved ones.  I…"
yesterday
bluebird replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Thank you, Joe. It does help a little bit."
yesterday
morgan replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Jeff,  Amazing isn't it?  I keep asking myself how it is I could still hurt so much from having my husband no longer with me on this earthly plane.  Not because I don't know it isn't possible but more, what is it that…"
yesterday
Joe Kelly replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Bluebird, I believe that every consciousness/spirit/soul is immortal.  I, or no one in our limited dimensional world can prove that right or wrong.  I can't prove my OBE either.  All I can do is share it.  Your original post…"
yesterday
"Joe, Thank you. I hope with everything in my soul that you are right about that, and I wish I shared your faith in that regard. If you and I have already discussed this, I apologise for repeating myself (my memory is not what it once was, and my…"
Thursday
bluebird left a comment for Martee
"I saw both of your posts on my profile. If nothing else, maybe rock-climbing and the like will help to distract you for a little while. And you're right, it is absolutely not fair that our beloved partners have died. I know that my husband and…"
Thursday
M Adams replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Hope these rituals bring comfort to you, Martee.  I have kept the ashes of my husband as well, just don’t want to part with them.  It has been more than three years since his death — but I don’t feel like there is a…"
Thursday
Joe Kelly replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Reading your posts, and many who post here, I think you're going to be joyously surprised when you pass over. "The worst thing about all of this is not knowing if my sweet, wonderful husband's soul still exists, as it…"
Thursday
Martee left a comment for Marjorie Willcox
"So sorry for your loss and pain, my soulmate died 1/29/20, been so bad for me to. I don’t let people know too much, no way I want to be taken out of my house. I feel like some people just want to watch me crash and are more nosey than…"
Thursday
"Joe, Thank you for your posts. Even though you don't have absolute proof of an afterlife, your out-of-body experience seems to have provided you with some level of surety, which I think is wonderful, and I must admit I'm jealous of you for…"
Wednesday
"Bluebird, It doesn't make it easier so to speak.  What will help is when I allow my doctor to do some imaging, in the weeks or perhaps a couple of months ahead, I'll let him scan me, and since now I know something is spreading…"
Wednesday
Josephine Crawford commented on Kar's group Missing my Son or Daughter
"Thanks Ammy. I sometimes feel guilty when I am happy. Yes it takes time. Continued to all."
Wednesday
"I kept my husband’s ashes, I keep them next to me all day, move them to his nightstand at night. Been 3 weeks..."
Wednesday

© 2020   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service