What would you do if you could have your lost loved one back for just five minutes?

Hi, I'm new to this site and would love to share my new project inspired by the loss of my mom 24 years ago - www.yourjustfiveminutes.com.

Just Five Minutes was created to help those dealing with grief reconnect to their lost loved one, either by dreaming the impossible, or by simply reading other peoples' words who may be experiencing a similar sense of loss as you.

It asks one question: 

'What would you do if... came back to you for just five minutes? Imagine a door in front of you opens, they walk through it, and then five minutes later they have to go back through the door and disappear forever.'

Please see www.yourjustfiveminutes.com/your-jfm/ for my first and hugely valued contributer! Please let me know if you would like to contribute your Just Five Minutes. Thanks so much, Madeleine

Tags: grief, loss

Views: 419

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

noy let go but i no ther is afrer lifess coz thy can vist us is m ush is thy need 2 esplyyy wen we need thm 

Thank you - I totally agree. They never really leave us.

Madeleine, what would I do if I could have my husband back for just five minutes? My first reaction would be to run into his arms, hug him and then make mad passionate love like we did so many times and then I would ask him if I could take the pills I have in reserve so I could join him where he was.  I would like him to tell me it would be ok because I want to leave here.  I want relief from the battle in my brain. I want to be touched by him.  All the time........forever.

I am so exhausted trying to stay alive and I just want his ok to say it would be alright to stop but first and foremost I want to feel him again......close by.......within my sphere of reality.  Please please let me have five minutes...... 

Hi Morgan, I'm so very sorry for your loss and heartbreak. It makes me wonder if asking people to write to their lost one on my website is just too much for many. I really hope people's words can make readers feel less alone in their grief as I felt desperately lonely when I lost my mum as I was only 22. I realize it's not for everyone though and I am sorry if it was painful for you to write about in response to my post. Thank you for responding and take care.

Pain is relative.  As others have experienced and written about on this site it isn't as though your asking to write what would we do if we had our loved one back for just five minutes is going to make the pain any less or any more.  Its there regardless.  We cope, we manage, we do the best we can.  

But I'm with Bluebird on this one.  Knowing how this pain of missing him is,  if that five minutes was up and he went back through that door there isn't anything that would stop me from going with him either.  Nothing.  No hat, no coat, just gone.  Its simply that unbearable to be here without the love of our lives.  It just is.

I would hug and kiss my husband, and tell him how much and how deeply I love him. I would smell his skin, I would touch his face and his hair and his arms, I would listen to his voice as he told me how much and how deeply he loves me. I would never let him go, and when he went back through that door, I would go with him, and nothing in this universe or any other would be able to stop me.

Thank you and Morgan both for your responses. I can only try to imagine what you are feeling having lost your husbands but from my own personal experience I do understand how it feels natural to go with the person you lose. Thank you again and take care.

Hug them as tight as I could and never let go

I like to focus on a permanent reunion.

My beliefs encourage me to look forward to seeing my loved ones again....right here on earth (only a Paradise then) where we will all be without any more sickness, death,sorrow, or pain.

This hope for the future sustains me and helps me look to future with hope. 

Dennis,

can you tell me what you mean by being reunited here on earth?

Virginia g

Sorry for the delay

My belief comes from study of the Bible.    Did you know that there are 9 resurrections in the Bible?  Everyone of them describes a wonderful reunion. One of them says that the family was “beside themselves in great ecstasy.” 8 of those reunions happened right here on earth. 

I also believe that the Bible teaches that God will establish paradise on earth and then cause a resurrection of all those who have died so that we can all experience that “great ecstasy” ourselves...right here on earth.

Below are the scriptural accounts of those 9 resurrections. 

1 Kings 17:17-24

2 Kings 4:32-37

2 Kings 13:20, 21

Matthew 28:5-7

Luke 7:11-17

Luke 8:40-56

John 11:38-44

Acts 9:36-42

Acts 20:7-12.

Thank you for the detailed answer Dennis

RSS

Latest Activity

Linda Engberg commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Happy Father's Day to my Husband Julian in Heaven. I miss you so much."
yesterday
Joe Kelly commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"I started to compose a blow by blow sequence of events of my loves illness and passing but it became too painful and couldn't continue.  Here we share how we are feeling grieving our lost Loves.  In reality, most of my underlying…"
Saturday
"No matter how we express our thoughts, we are all in the same boat together. We just keep waiting for it to sink so we can join our loved ones."
Saturday
bluebird commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"M Adams, I totally understand; I detest being around happy families, and especially happy couples. It's not that I want anything bad to happen to them, I definitely do not. It's just that they have what my beloved and I should still have,…"
Saturday
M Adams commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"usually I find your comments really clear, Linda, so I don’t think it’s not being good with words, more that it’s hard to express these things in words.  Actually I couldn’t follow what Joe said either, but it’s…"
Saturday
"Hello M Adams Joe explained in his post of how I feel. I am not good with words on explaining things but Joe you said it perfectly. I just want to thank everyone here for sharing their thoughts, as we are all in the same boat together."
Saturday
Joe Kelly commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Speaking for myself, I identify with Linda.  My Love left our world and I know it, and accept that she crossed over into another realm of existence and can't come back.  I want her back and I live in HELL every day without her. …"
Saturday
M Adams commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Linda, not sure what you mean here when you say you can accept the loss of your husband but not being able to change it is your whole problem — do you mean not being able to change the fact of the loss, or not being able to change the way it…"
Friday
"Hi Morgan, Like you mentioned in your post, there is no normal in my life. I just take each day as it comes and just wait for death. I can accept that Julian is gone but not being able to change it is my whole problem."
Friday
morgan commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Hi Haven't been writing recently as have had so much to organize in my life I just haven't had a moment and when I do I am so tired.  So grateful to everyone else who continues to write though.  I look here daily to read.…"
Friday
mindy posted a status
"Hello everyone I'm doing ok I went back to work and just had my meeting there today they said I'm doing an awesome job"
Thursday
mindy and Brenda Ann are now friends
Thursday
Sue Toler commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"They told me that Mom had a heart attack.  It happened on the weekend.  I had made her breakfast & she seemed fine.  I am thankful she was at home & that I was with her, but it hurts so much knowing she is gone.  I just…"
Thursday
Brett Bowman commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"I was with my mom when she passed and it was not sudden. I may have thought I was prepared. I wasn't. I tried to say and do all of the right things. Still, after her last breath, it was as though I hadn't prepared at all. I knew what to…"
Thursday
"Thanks so much!  It helps having others that understand.  Some of my family is supportive & that helps.  It helps just having someone listen that truly understands.  I have one sibling, but he was never as close to my…"
Thursday
"It's important to have people in your life who understand, even if they are on a message board like this, because sometimes you have to look far and wide to find someone to walk with you. Sometimes I will call my mom's sister. She will…"
Thursday
"Thank you, some days are better than others.  I feel so for you.  My Mom was the center of my world also.  I lived with her & took care of her.  I am so thankful that I could be there for her, but now I miss her so…"
Thursday
"Three months is not very long. It is still very fresh for you. There will be a lot of triggers. Sometimes they will hit you out of the blue. Other times you know that one is coming, like if you have to drive by a familiar place. It's important…"
Thursday
Patrick E Woodson posted a status
"Hello everyone. I lost my best friend two weeks ago. I'm constantly crying feeling like I can't go on."
Thursday
"I never cried much before, but I do now.  I think crying does help.  I had a trigger this morning & have been crying since.  It has been over three months, but I still feel numb.  "
Thursday

© 2019   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service