Okay- I thought maybe addressing this Nasty Question may help us ----
What Do you Say when your asked this Question ??? --I understand of course it is in most times more of a greeting than a question.. We all did or have done it.
However- Some also don't seem to give up but, how are you -- really? we all know- They don't really want the true answer - They want us to be okay - because they care about us- & need us to be okay. - Most can't handle the Truth.... They need to hear we are OKAY----- What do you say.... Does anyone have a creative way of answering????? Please Share... Maybe we can help each other.....

Views: 1684

Replies to This Discussion

That was then, this is now. 

I am angry. I don't want to go anywhere where someone is going to ask me how I am or how Kevin's Katie is or how his 5 yr old son is or the rest of my boys. People like to know the gory details that is why the news on TV is all about horrible things that happen. I don't want to be thier source of tragic stories. I don't want to go anywhere. I am having trouble being nice at work. I need to just go home, lock the doors and stay there.

Dear Kitty, I can relate to how you are feeling. I never sugar coat my feelings to anyone. I may soften my response by saying "I could be better" depending on who asks but for the most part, my response is not so "gentle". I am NOT doing good, I am NOT ok, It will NEVER be alright.....how can it be? My 21yr old son was robbed of his life and I will forever be broken! Children are suppose to bury their parents. I want my son back!  Thanks for listening.

Hi Karen,

That's the thing, people want us to say we are oK so they can go on with their lives with ease. I am tired of making them feel good.

The thing is, I need to get OK because I have 6 sons, God's watching 2 and I am watching 4. Plus I have 5 grandsons all still here on earth.  I know I need to live, not just exist, for my boys still here. But this time it is just so hard. Even my mom is having a hard time. My cousin invited us to her cabin this Sunday. I told Mom I don't want to go cuz i am tired of telling people i am OK when i am so not oK. She said she gets tired of people asking her "How's Kitty doning" she said she wants to shout "How the hell do you think she is doing?" but she just says "As well as can be expected". Thanks for listening and responding.

How nice do we have to be? I just want to look at them and say "DUH" but ...so I just avoid the question by staying away from anyone or any place where anyone might know that my son has died...because I am a total basket case full of agony and anger and hopelessness and emptiness and fear

am I in the "angry stage"?  I FEEL angry...at what? I CAN'T HAVE MY SON BACK....I don't want to hear how 'better off' he is....I hope to God he IS better off and I always wanted him to be "better off" but to ME that meant HEALED, not DEAD.... i didn't want him to have to die to be healed... i just wanted him to be well and not have pain and fear...i NEVER wanted him dead....im not doing well ....

Marilyn,    I tend to hide too -  It is just easier.    Thinking of you & your precious son.  

If some asks How are you and I don't know them, I say OK. If I do know them, I say pray for me and ask or give them a hug. Everybody wants to help me. I give them that opportunity.

Dear Karen

the issue is not the question, but the answer. Believe me i have learnt that especially this question is like they are kidding, but you have to understand them and forgive them - what they say is what they know (nothing)... So, Avoid being miserable, and say you are not ok. Stand up to grief and life. Make everybody admire you and respect you. Find the strength within you, because we all have it. Yes you can be sad, cry, not be ok, but don't allow anyone feel sorry for you. I write these, which are based on my personal beliefs and this is what I do. I feel blessed I had a wonderful charismatic son for 20 years, and as happy as i felt when i gave birth to him, the same way I shall mourn and cry and be sad and depressed because i lost him, but only for him and only I know how i feel inside.. The rest of the people are not entitled to know, except for only a few ones. ...

I just tell them it's hard and they usually reply with an I'll pray for you guys. And I try to change the subject. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

RSS

Latest Activity

dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Susan E Marshall and William Gardener are now friends
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5
Angie Rowland joined Rita-Cecile's group
Thumbnail

LESBIAN ..GAY 2 SPIRITED loss and grief

Anyone who has lost their gay partner..soon finds that there may be a few things that are different...such as sorting through things and feeling like an intruder because it is also family stuff etcSee More
Apr 3
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service