Don't grieve alone; 14,000 members and growing
Hi Charlotte, I lost my son to an accidental overdose after he had been clean for 6 months. He was almost 25 years old and died on July 22, 2014. I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes I feel like other people who lost their children to disease or a car accident or something like that don't understand my loss. I tried to save my son too - he did not learn about taking illegal drugs at home and we tried many, many programs and approaches to help him stop. I thought he was finally on the right path and would stay clean. Then I got the call from a social worker that he was found dead in his room. Although I don't feel the sadness and grief in such a constant way now - when it does hit me - I am so, so sad. Like a deeper sadness than I felt at the start of this. Do you ever have this?