I lost my husband 4 years ago. He committed suicide. He got addicted to crack. I have two children by him. My kids are 10 and 7. My kids are great. I truly don't know what I would do without them. I am just feeling so very lonely and feel I have no one to turn to. I really don't have a close family so I feel very lonely. I am fighting some serious depression and need someone to please tell me I am going to be OK. I know we are all fighting a battle.

Thanks for listening

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Melinda, so so sorry about what happened.  Have you tried to get councelling through victim services, or grief councelling?  What about a local support group?  My husband passed away in June.  I am still getting calls from victim service workers and  hospice care asking me if I am ready to join one group or another.  Im not ready to talk with strangers in person about what happened but I appreciate their caring.  This seems to be a very supportive group and you will get some of what you need here, but if you have noone in real life I think that would be a good road to explore as well.  Really, hugs Melinda for all you have been through.  Take care.
I have been to talk to people. I just seem to take 2 steps forward and 5 steps back. The weekends are the worse for me. I feel so lonely and it is hard for me to even get out the bed at times. I went to the doctor on Friday and was prescribed an anti-depressant. I hope to get some relief soon. I just don't want to do anything.

"I just seem to take 2 steps forward and 5 steps back"

Boy that says it all doesnt it?  I think for most of us it feels that way.  In September I posted about it getting worse not better and that is exactly what I was feeling.  I know I dont have any words to offer that can really help, but please know you are not alone in how you feel.  You have been through so much it is going to take time to work through.  Notice I said work.  It is indeed work to get from point A when someone you adore dies, to point B, when you can see life as worth the effort again.  And good for you taking care of yourself and going to your doctor!  Take care, and good news, the weekend is almost over. 

I have found the wonderful people on this site are great to talk to. If you and your children are healthy, and you have a roof over your heads and food to eat, make the best of it, and spend as much time with your kids as you can. Maybe you could take up a hobby to pass the time? You may even be able to find something you are really good at, and could make a little money from. I started making no-sew tutus and make them custom for people. It's very easy, and passes the time when the kids aren't here and I am feeling alone. If you are interested at all let me know. And you are NOT alone. I wish you all the best.

They all tell me we are going to be OK. My sweet David died 9 1/2 weeks ago and I have to admit - I don't see OK anywhere in the future. The pain is so agonizing, the loss so intense. And I understand the loneliness. I don't have any kids and my relatives are mostly a couple of hours away so I don't have the gas money to see them very often. The loneliness is going to kill me, I am sure of it. Weekends used to be my delight - our time together, our time to just ride in the car and do things together Now I dread them. So much emptiness. Going to the mall doesn't help - it seems everyone is there in couples. The park - no good. We used to go there to walk together and ride bikes. I don't know what to tell you. Right now I don't have hope to give myself, much less anyone else. I cry so much, every day. And WHY do people always tell me to drink lots of water??? Is that supposed to be some kind of miracle cure?

My father took his life almost 5 yrs ago. S.O.S (survivors of suicide) has wonderful support groups around the country and online. For your kids may I suggest a book titled "But I didn't get to say goodbye" It's written from a child's view point, has discussion questions at the end of each chapter.

You will be ok one day. I won't lie and say that there will never be bad days. But eventually in time - it gets a little easier...

You can always talk to me if you would like. i know there's a huge difference between loosing one's husband VS a father - but I am always willing to listen

In many ways suicide is the most selfish act and leaves us with a lot of questions we simply can't ask. It's OK to be angry about it, it would be surprising if you weren't angry to some extent, don't try to put a lid on it if you are, let it out.

It is a brave step to step put of the bubble of the event and one that we can only take when we are ready, regardless of other peoples expectations of how long and how we should grieve. However we are all compelled to survive and ultimately thrive again, there is no choice, we do get better and we do get involved with life again.

I want to ask you if you are denying yourself permission to do so? Are you isolating yourself and thus becoming lonelier? 

By joining this forum and reaching out you will learn that you are not alone, we may all be strangers, but we have been where you are now and we stand with you there, now, together.

Not all acts of suicide are selfish. This is something that is important to keep in mind. Suicide is an act of desperation when the person cannot see any other way out of a situation, but that doesn't always make it a selfish act.

Hi, you are correct and this is why I said in many ways.

I lost my brother just a few weeks ago. Not to suicide but I to have no close family or friends.  Getting out of bed is a major effort me as well.  If u ever need to talk email me at designerconsigner@sbcglobal.net and I will give you my personal info.  I to need someone to talk with and to help me through this. 
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! I lost my dad jan 28 and my mom 2 months later April 9. Both were very unexpected and they were only 47 and 44. People would tell me that it gets better with time but I disagree. So far it has only gotten worse with time . I am 25 and I have 2 kids of my own. Without them I don't know what I would do , they are my only family I have left. I feel very alone and I started seeing a therapist for someone to talk to but I do know how u feel. I'm not good at giving advice but wanted u to know ur not alone in feeling the way u do. I ask myself the same question, am I going to be ok. I don't ever see myself getting pass their deaths and I already know I'm going to cry everyday for years and years but I have to keep going for my kids. I wish u the best of luck ! 

RSS

Latest Activity

Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5
esther joined HollowHeart's group
Thumbnail

Sibling Loss

This group is for anyone that has lost a brother or sister. Sibling loss is often minimized and people don't realize how devastating losing a sibling can be. I lost my older sister and my life will never be the same. She was my only sibling, I looked up to her, I went to her for everything. I lost my past, present and future. It is traumatic.See More
Mar 4
Speed Weasel posted a video

Sun Keeps Risin'

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesSun Keeps Risin' · Lissie · Elisabeth Corrin Maurus · Martin CraftMy Wild West℗ 2015 Lionboy RecordsReleased on...
Feb 26
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Triggers Continue to Surface

Late February is a challenging time of year for me.  Jen’s birthday is the 23rd and serves as an annual reminder of all of the potential that was lost…Her’s (mainly), mine, the world’s honestly.  This year she would be 52…It is increasingly hard to imagine, through all of the iterations possible, what she could have become, what was to be her (significant) impact on the world.That being said, things, emotions, have largely settled down since I committed a potential version of what could have…See More
Feb 15
Michelle joined Gyla Lynn Darden's group
Thumbnail

Loss of a child In memory of my son or daughter

This group focuses on healing ourselves and each other over the death of a child and welcomes a Christian atmosphere to help with the healing process. I welcome all of those grieving.See More
Feb 8
Tammy McLaughlin and Rosie are now friends
Jan 30

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service