For the last three weeks I have been unable to feel anything but anger and numbness. I feel like I am slowly dying inside. Everything annoys me. I don't want to be around friends or family. I have lost 10 pounds. I don't know how to end this. My finance was killed in an auto accident. He was in a coma and eight days later he died. I cried like someone ripped my heart out of my chest and now I am angry and numb.

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry. I understand feeling angry and numb, as my husband's death has affected me in the same way. I also find that everything annoys me, and it's partly because of that that I often have a hard time being around friends or family.  I don't have any advice, I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

Thank you bluebird,

It helps to know that I am not crazy. Things annoy me to the point I have to stay away from people. I don't want to talk to people in person. I just want to be alone. I don't feel that I am me anymore. I am someone else. Sometimes I feel like I am being punished. Sometimes I feel like I am holding on by a thread. So thank you. It helps that I am not alone when I am alone.

All perfectly valid reactions in response to your fiancé's death, including the part about not feeling that you are you anymore (I feel that way, too). Hopefully participating on this website will help you a bit -- there are definitely others here besides you and I who have lost a spouse/partner.  You may also want to consider speaking with a therapist or spiritual advisor -- I haven't done that, but some people do find it helpful.

I will be speaking to rwo next week. I just don't want to be view as crazy. Even thought I feel that way. I know I'm emotionally all over the place. Thank you for talking to me. Seems like it's hard to get help. Please don't leave.

No therapist would view you as crazy for feeling as you do.  You might want to see one who specializes in grief, if neither of the two you already have set up do (and if they don't work out for you). 

Of course you're all over the place emotionally -- how could you not be, given what happened? It would be more surprising if you weren't, really.

No need to thank me -- those of us in this shitty situation have to do what we can to help each other. I won't leave this site, but I'm not on it very often anymore...but I do receive an e-mail notification when anyone responds to a thread in which I've posted, so if you post here again I'll get that e-mail to let me know.  Feel free to also visit my thread if you like, which I started about a year after my husband died -- it's located here http://www.onlinegriefsupport.com/forum/topics/my-husband-died-and-...

Thank you. I have to thank you because it helps to talk to someone who understands. I am glad I can contact you because right now you are my life line. Yesterday was horrible. When I think I am handling this, I loose it, I get really angry and then I just sit in a chair and stare into space. This is s horrible state of being. Going to stay in contact with you. Thank you.

Absolutely! Of course you can post in this thread (or in my thread, or in any other thread) at any time; also feel free to send me a message via this site if you want to. {{{{hugs}}}}

Thank you

RSS

Latest Activity

Roxanne Burton is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
yesterday
Pam commented on Joe H.'s video
Wednesday
Pam left a comment for Cj
"Just wanted to reach out and say sorry for your loss. Beautiful pictures"
Wednesday
Pam left a comment for Alex Menchaca
"Sorry for your loss, beautiful pictures"
Wednesday
Drewtoo replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"I hold back from seeking death, as well...I still need to set an example for some people in my life. I also feel that maybe taking your own life might somehow then inhibit being able to connect with him, like maybe be in a different…"
Nov 17
Luna Nightshade replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"My condolences to you as well. I remember that I have tried to reach out to him in lucid dreams, but I always woke before I succeeded. I wish you the best of luck should you try."
Nov 17
Luna Nightshade and mary kenneth are now friends
Nov 16
Jeff C replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Hi Luna, I feel bad about your anniversary. It really hit me hard to read your words about how you cried that hard.  I can't come up with anything to say, but I get it. I am at 6 1/2 years.  6 1/2 lost years.  "
Nov 16

© 2022   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service