Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself to this exclusive club that none of us wants to belong to and yet, have to. My sons death was on April 5th. He chose suicide in the early morning hours. It's been nothing but a roller coaster of emotions every since.

My wife and I are really trying to get past this and I'll tell you, it's not easy! My heart goes out to all who have suffered the loss of a loved one because I know how it feels. Many times in our lives, we encounter loss. But sometimes a loss can seem so devastating that it's hard to even function.

I went to the grocery store today and lost my shopping cart several times, and I mean lost all memory of where it was. I did keep finding it but then I'd lose it again, as my wife and I just kind of wandered around the store.

Tomorrow being mothers day is going to be exceptionally hard on my wife. We've already had to face what would have been his 38th birthday in April 12th.  He lived with us which I guess makes this even harder. I haven't been able to even begin clearing out his room.

All I can say is that we're completely out of sorts but finding ways to get through. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'll probably be journal-ling a lot on this site as writing is the main thing that helps me these days. Somehow when I write, I seem to connect with my soul and that gives me strength.

Anyways, good to meet you folks and understand that as I grieve for my loss I also grieve for others in the same position of loss.

May you find peace,

Chuck

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am sorry for your loss. My dad took his own life almost 9 years ago this July and I am still not over the fact I found him. He had been dealing with depression for years and sadly it was not his first attempt although well his last cause he succeeded. I had tried for years to get him help. My heart goes out to you and your family and I am here if you ever need to talk
I am so sorry for your loss!! I do know and understand what you are going through!! My son Matthew took his own life in June 13th 10 day before his 26 birthday! He checked into a super 8 on a Monday and the staff found him dead on a Thursday!! When I was able to recover his belongings which wasn’t much I came across his phone and all it said was I committed suicide this was not an accident!! I do not know how to go through my days I can’t breathe and I constantly have a pain in my chest! When I laugh it’s fake when I say I’m ok I’m not!! 3 years prior to Matthews death my step son died of an overdose at the age of 21!! I feel as though happiness is not what I’m supposed to have!! You would think that my husband and I would be able to grieve together seeing as though we are in the same “club” but the problem is that he has no emotions and I’m overwhelmed with emotion!! When I cry he walks away when he is upset I’m selfish because the only thing that consumes me is my son!! I have 2 other boys and I love them but I am emotionally unattached!! I hope maybe you can share somethings to help me!! I am at the end of my strength I feel like when I take one step forward I go 50 backwards!! I hope that you can find peace as I hope I eventually will!! Thank you for story!!

May you find a little comfort,

Melissa
Melissa, those two sons need you. Helping others through pain is a good place to begin. I say that to myself too. I am so sorry about your loss.

Promise me this, do not become a walking dead. Live girl! Enjoy the rest of your life. Check out the audiobook "As a man thinketh."
Chuck, I am sorry to hear about your recent loss. We just assume our children will be at our funerals. I lost a son and an only child on May 20, 2019. He died as a result of a house fire.

Chuck, I know all to well the confusion and the struggle to clear his room. You will know when the time is right. No pressure is necessary.

Create new memories with your wife, family and friends. You deserve to be happy. Happy healing and peace Chuck to you and your family.

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Joe Kelly replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Bluebird, I believe that every consciousness/spirit/soul is immortal.  I, or no one in our limited dimensional world can prove that right or wrong.  I can't prove my OBE either.  All I can do is share it.  Your original post…"
39 minutes ago
bluebird replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Joe, Thank you. I hope with everything in my soul that you are right about that, and I wish I shared your faith in that regard. If you and I have already discussed this, I apologise for repeating myself (my memory is not what it once was, and my…"
14 hours ago
bluebird left a comment for Martee
"I saw both of your posts on my profile. If nothing else, maybe rock-climbing and the like will help to distract you for a little while. And you're right, it is absolutely not fair that our beloved partners have died. I know that my husband and…"
14 hours ago
M Adams replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Hope these rituals bring comfort to you, Martee.  I have kept the ashes of my husband as well, just don’t want to part with them.  It has been more than three years since his death — but I don’t feel like there is a…"
15 hours ago
Joe Kelly replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Reading your posts, and many who post here, I think you're going to be joyously surprised when you pass over. "The worst thing about all of this is not knowing if my sweet, wonderful husband's soul still exists, as it…"
15 hours ago
Martee left a comment for Marjorie Willcox
"So sorry for your loss and pain, my soulmate died 1/29/20, been so bad for me to. I don’t let people know too much, no way I want to be taken out of my house. I feel like some people just want to watch me crash and are more nosey than…"
17 hours ago
bluebird replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Joe, Thank you for your posts. Even though you don't have absolute proof of an afterlife, your out-of-body experience seems to have provided you with some level of surety, which I think is wonderful, and I must admit I'm jealous of you for…"
17 hours ago
"Bluebird, It doesn't make it easier so to speak.  What will help is when I allow my doctor to do some imaging, in the weeks or perhaps a couple of months ahead, I'll let him scan me, and since now I know something is spreading…"
18 hours ago
Josephine Crawford commented on Kar's group Missing my Son or Daughter
"Thanks Ammy. I sometimes feel guilty when I am happy. Yes it takes time. Continued to all."
18 hours ago
Martee replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"I kept my husband’s ashes, I keep them next to me all day, move them to his nightstand at night. Been 3 weeks..."
19 hours ago
"Bluebird, Time to go to cemetery but will reply later today."
yesterday
"Joe, I wish I had your faith/assurance that there is an afterlife in which we will be reunited with our loves. I so hope that you are right about that. I think it would make this a tiny bit easier for me if I knew beyond any doubt that my husband…"
yesterday
"I read and log on and many times I just freeze up.  It's over two years and I should be with her already and though I don't think it will be too much longer, every minute of every waking and sometimes sleeping moment is a…"
yesterday
"Morgan, Thank you; I sometimes hesitate to speak (type) the truth of how this is for me, as the last thing I want to do is make it worse for anyone else. At the same time, I know that it helped me to find others online whose truth was similar to…"
yesterday
Jeff C replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Sorry to see your stories here...  There is nothing worse.   I will be at 4 years in June.  After a while at least for me, the acute pain just became dull pain.  I have heard that grief is love turned inside out.  No…"
yesterday
morgan replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Thank you bluebird for always encapsulating the horror movie we live in in a way that is gentle but firm.  I can only nod my head in agreement with each of the points you made because I am so exhausted by trying to explain this widowing to…"
yesterday
bluebird and Martee are now friends
Tuesday
"Martee, I am so sorry you are also in this hell. I really have no hopeful words to offer; for me, any meaningful life ended when my husband died. I didn't survive, my body just hasn't died yet. There is no joy in life anymore, for me. That…"
Tuesday
M Adams commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Re doing things we did together I was thinking more of making piecrust with my mom, or the right way to chop vegetables, or starting plants from cuttings, not anything like vacation travel.  When my husband died several people, including…"
Tuesday
Brett Bowman commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Brenda, I think that people look too hard to find some thing very big. That something that makes you happy could just be a doughnut. When you are taking baby steps it's just a matter of getting from the chair to the couch. That's what I…"
Tuesday

© 2020   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service