I lost my father in law who I lived with and took care of so I was really close to him on april 28th 2021 and 1 week later on may 5th 2021 I lost my mother. My mother had made the choice to go comfort care. After she saw my dad and I that morning she changed her mind. About 3 hours later the hospital called my mom wanted to go to comfort care. I drove the 45 minutes to be with her. Here agitation was so bad they have her ativan. She was still coherent and knew what she wanted. But could not sign. First thing I did when is got there was make sure she was coherent. She said she wasn't sure what to do. I had her talk to me about it. Her worry was who would take care of my dad. It that point I reassured her and she wanted to go to comfort care but due to the ativan and prior stroke she was unable to sign this time so I signed. Some days I have my doubts and question my reactions while I sat with her while she died

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So sorry, going thru similar at the moment. Hope your doing better
I am sorry you are going through something similar it is devastating and had to work through. I am doing okay. Its been 5 months I still have really hard days. I still have trouble with something but getting my moms medical records and reviewing them has really helped. I think some of what makes it hard its my father in law was 85 but my mom was 69 so its coming to terms with the loss so young of my mom.

RSS

Latest Activity

Penny Caywood commented on Penny Caywood's blog post As Time Goes By...
"Joe, The link to my stories is below, enjoy! :) https://wikacy.com/members/iozegxuuu3bj5vm77cih4stkwbh2/profile/"
15 hours ago
Joe commented on Penny Caywood's blog post As Time Goes By...
"NP look forward to it :-)"
17 hours ago
V. R. replied to Roslyn's discussion learning to cope with my loss
"Hi Ros, glad to hear your moles are nothing to worry about, , but I'm sorry to hear about your mother being in hospital.You are so lovely to drive six hours to be with her, and all alone, I don't think I could have done that. I do hope…"
18 hours ago
Alanna is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
23 hours ago
Penny Caywood left a comment for A. Buyten
"I've been in this "exclusive club of lost loved ones" for three years, and I've gotta tell you, I don't always feel that I am where I think I should be, emotionally with my losses. Unfortunately, within two years, six people…"
yesterday
Penny Caywood and A. Buyten are now friends
yesterday
Penny Caywood commented on Julie Dolsey-Weiss's group Traumatic, Sudden Loss
"Hello, I'm Penny, I too have lost some one suddenly and tragically. He was my 34 year old husband, and his name was Jeremy James Atwell; he passed away 2 months and 2 days after my father. I tend to tell people that, "Jeremy went to North…"
yesterday
Penny Caywood posted a status
"I am relaxing and working on characters for the saga"
yesterday

© 2022   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service