it will be 4 years in September that Joe is gone.   Our 45th wedding anniversary is tomorrow.   I'm not even posting it on Facebook, because I don't think anyone cares.

I miss him so much.   Loneliness is terrible! !!!   I have one friend that I consider a "true friend.".   The others have become aquaintances......  Sad, but true!!!   

I know all of us are trying to stay busy, and call that "moving on with my life", but I think it is just a way to hide the pain.   At the end of the day, when I sit alone,  and Joe is not here, I realize how much i miss him.   Please, God, don't let me be so lonely.  

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

5 years since my wife died suddenly of heart failure right in front of me.  The time since that day has been just awful and when I reached this anniversary, I just couldn't believe it.  All I think about is all the years ahead without her.  I sincerely hope you find some peace and relief from the pain because I cannot grasp just how anyone is supposed to live with this sort of profound loss and find meaning in their lives.

It is a tradgedy to lose a loved one. But it does get better. Not everyday will be the same some days burn to the core more than others. Find a hobby or volunteer or help someone basically find something to do to ease the monotony of the day. In time you will be so preoccupied with doing something you enjoy.
I too lost my husband of 25 years happily married. A part of me died too.. coming back from that was over a 3 year struggle. But know that it may not be that long for you.
I bought paint and started painting. It fills the day and is an outlet for my emotions.
I pray daily asking for guidance too.
I hope this helps..

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconTron, Shelia Anne Dardano and Tonya Curran joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
23 hours ago
Tonya Curran replied to Rebecca Clemens's discussion Miss my dad so much in the group I love my Dad.
"I miss my dad so much and feel so lost without him. I know exactly how your feeling. I will never forget one of my dad's nurses. His name was Hunter and he took care of my dad as if my dad was part of his family. He was very compassionate with…"
yesterday
Tonya Curran joined Diana, Certified Grief Counselor's group
Thumbnail

I love my Dad.

For everyone that has lost their Dad.
yesterday
Bill is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Wednesday
marie commented on Diana, Certified Grief Counselor's group I love my Dad.
"Oh Ash...what a precious dream!!!"
Wednesday
ash commented on Diana, Certified Grief Counselor's group I love my Dad.
"i had a dream of my dad and i. he held me / hugged me and i held him back. it made me feel so safe and happy. he nor i spoke. i do remember saying something in my mind, something along the lines of "i am so glad you're here." /…"
Tuesday
ash joined Diana, Certified Grief Counselor's group
Thumbnail

I love my Dad.

For everyone that has lost their Dad.
Tuesday
Viola B is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Tuesday

© 2020   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service