My mom died almost a year ago come feb. I'm just wondering if it's normal to feel this sad? Somedays I can't even get out of bed because I miss her so much. I dream about her almost every night. Most of the time she wakes up in her coffin and the whole crowd is astonished and the media won't leave us alone, because it's a miracle. I just want to talk to her again. I was only 18 when she passed, and hadn't even graduated yet. Sometimes I see pictures of her and I cry for two seconds and then it's like I force myself into shut off mode. Sometimes I wish that I could just talk to her one last time, before she was on the moriphine to kill the pain from the cancer. Sometimes I swear she is going to come walking through the door, sometimes I think I'll even wake up in my old house (I had to move in with my oldest sister cause my dad isn't in the picture.) I feel like I died inside with her, and that I will never wake up from the terrible dream like state im in. im just wondering if it's normal to be this sad or if I'm just going crazy.

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Bri.

Yes it is normal to have all the feeling that you described. You sound like you loved your mom a lot. So it only natural to feel the pain of being separated from someone you loved so much. Have dreams about them. Cry when you see a certain thing that suddenly brings memories. Anger, fear, body aches and pains. I also have had all of this. Have talked to many others that have too.  I am a good deal older than you. My mom died in July and it has been so hard. My wife also died about 2 years ago. Like your mom, she had cancer. Was on morphine the last days of her life. I miss both of them terrible. There are days when I have to force myself to go on, doing what I have to do. Even though I am having a really bad day struggling with everything that's going on in my mind. This is what we have to do though. I would like to see you surround your self with people that care about you. Church, family, friends. You didn't say if you work or are in school. But try and find things to do. Even though you might not want to. I will keep you in my prayers. 

My mom passed 3 1\2 years ago and I still struggle. Its been worse recently because she was my go to person during hard times in my life. I cant say it ever goes away although some days I wish it would just disappear, all the pain and sadness. I too feel like she could walk through the door at any moment. Just know your not alone in the world losing your mom is one of the hardest things to face and the younger you are the harder it is.

yes it is norml 2 be so sad

othr day i got askt why dnt i smile all i no i miss my dad so mush rvm loss on aftr him i miss thm 2

tears in my eyes is so full of tears 

I am so sorry you lost your mom when you and her are both so young. I lost my mother 2 years ago and we were not nearly as young but I assure you the heartache you feel is the same as I feel. You need to choose your friends wisely and seek help at school or church for support since dad is not available. My father died 2 weeks before my 11th birthday so my mother was my rock. I had really good support from my grandparents. I hope that you do too. I wanted to crawl into the casket with my mother and still wish that I had, but I also know she would want me to go on and find my way. Yes I understand not wanting to get out of bed and go on. It will be 2 years very soon. We will always be mamas little girl no matter how old we are. I hope your "dad" and grandparents help you like mine did. Best wishes.

Those feelings are normal, and you are not crazy. My husband died over two years ago, and I cry constantly, am sad and angry constantly, still feel very much as I did when he first died. For me, that will never change. For you, I hope you are able to find some peace and feel a bit better. I know you will never stop loving your mom and that you will never forget her, but as you continue with your life (go to college, fall in love, start your career), that might help.

Bri, I am going to be blunt with you. 

It is okay to be sad.

Today I lost my mother, and I can't even explain to you what I too am feeling. I'm almost numb. Shocked I guess. But I tell you what, I am 21 years old, and I too haven't graduated yet, and I wish a miracle would happen and I am going to be wishing that miracle would happen every damn day for the rest of my life, but its not going to, and that's why people like me and you have to be strong in order to make it each day. Your mother is there, her physical body may not be, but she is. That weird feeling you get like shes around, its her, and that hole in your heart, yeah that's real too. But despite that, shes with you, everyday. Just know that. And know its okay to be sad, that why we have emotions. You aren't going crazy.

Youre only human. 

RSS

Latest Activity

Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5
esther joined HollowHeart's group
Thumbnail

Sibling Loss

This group is for anyone that has lost a brother or sister. Sibling loss is often minimized and people don't realize how devastating losing a sibling can be. I lost my older sister and my life will never be the same. She was my only sibling, I looked up to her, I went to her for everything. I lost my past, present and future. It is traumatic.See More
Mar 4
Speed Weasel posted a video

Sun Keeps Risin'

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesSun Keeps Risin' · Lissie · Elisabeth Corrin Maurus · Martin CraftMy Wild West℗ 2015 Lionboy RecordsReleased on...
Feb 26
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Triggers Continue to Surface

Late February is a challenging time of year for me.  Jen’s birthday is the 23rd and serves as an annual reminder of all of the potential that was lost…Her’s (mainly), mine, the world’s honestly.  This year she would be 52…It is increasingly hard to imagine, through all of the iterations possible, what she could have become, what was to be her (significant) impact on the world.That being said, things, emotions, have largely settled down since I committed a potential version of what could have…See More
Feb 15
Michelle joined Gyla Lynn Darden's group
Thumbnail

Loss of a child In memory of my son or daughter

This group focuses on healing ourselves and each other over the death of a child and welcomes a Christian atmosphere to help with the healing process. I welcome all of those grieving.See More
Feb 8
Tammy McLaughlin and Rosie are now friends
Jan 30

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service