My boyfriend died 4 months ago. He was the most incredible person I have ever met. I'm biased, obviously, but many people said the same thing. He had a way of making every person feel special, important, interesting and happy. When he walked into a room, he filled the room with light and laughter. He had the most amazing smile and I can't breathe thinking I will never see that smile again. he was also loyal with a huge heart, for the people he loved he would moved the world. And though he was not perfect, he made my world beautiful and I was so blessed to have him. We only had 2 years together and I feel like we were cheated of the rest of our lives. Not only us, but he was cheated of his whole life, he had so so much to offer and he was always just excited to live. He was only 24. I just miss him so much and I feel like I'm drowning. Although everybody thinks I am doing 'much better' I feel like I'm walking around missing an arm or a leg. I'm going through the motions but I'm just not really there

I hope that in time the pain will ease. I just wanted to write down my feelings and try to express them to you, because I'm finding it hard to explain to anybody else. I am just reaching out for some reassurance and I wanted to tell some people what an amazing person he was

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just feel so lost, can anybody help?
Hi Charlotte, I'm so sorry for your loss and believe me I know your pain. I can't offer much support as I'm going through the same, my partne died suddenly 7 weeks ago today. Like you just keeping breathing is a challenge enough. Carrying on as normal is way beyond me. Don't try to put on an act, people shouldn't expect you to be doing well. Just do only what you can cope with doing.
I only do what I have to, I only work to pay bills and feed animals, if I don't want to go out, I don't.
Just be kind to yourself, we got to get through this the best we can, we have to be grateful that we loved and were loved by such wonderful people. Some people live there whole lives and never have that. Keep writing on here, I find it helps as everyone understands hugs to you x
Thank you Jackie. I'm so sorry that you are feeling this pain as well. I try to remind myself every day that I was blessed to know and love him

Charlotte,

I can't really offer any advice or help, because I feel much the same way about my husband as you do about your boyfriend, and like you I am not really here, and my husband died nearly 5 years ago.  I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in feeling as you do.

Charlotte, even though you may not hear back from all members here, it's a very special place. Because we WANT to hear what an amazing person your boyfriend was, we have walked this long, lonely mile before you and we know how you are feeling in a way that nobody else can unless they, too, have walked it. Your boyfriend was your center of life, and how do we ever get over that? We don't.

I lost the finest man ever born 3years and 7months ago. We were married within 3 months of knowing each other and spent 20 years together, inseparable. And now? He died suddenly of a drop-dead heart attack in front of me, and I held him and watched him die. It's taken 3years/7months to go from the worst thing that ever happened to me in my life, untold sorrow, to it is now the best thing I have, because he was all mine and I have 20 years of memories of growing in love with him, and him with me. Love from AnneJ.

RSS

Latest Activity

lorna bass posted a status
1 hour ago
Bethany posted a blog post

Rise of the Machines...

I was just finishing typing a long entry about how upset I am about my laptop dying and the potential loss of all of my files, including all of my mom's photos and many other important things, when my browser crashed and I lost my draft. Technology is out to get me this weekend. I give up.See More
3 hours ago
lorna bass posted a status
5 hours ago
joanne replied to Lynda's discussion For the non- religious- where do we go when we die?
"Thankyou Dennis xx"
6 hours ago
Lesley Woolfstein commented on Tonya's group Adult Daughters grieving the death of her Mother
"My mum passed away on the 20th of April I was so close to my mum as I lived with my mum all of my life my mum passed away shortly before her 85th birthday im 56 how do u cope with this all im doing is crying all the time I would do anything to spend…"
7 hours ago
Lesley Woolfstein joined Tonya's group
Thumbnail

Adult Daughters grieving the death of her Mother

This group is for adult daughters trying to cope with losing her Mother
8 hours ago
BLUEBELL and Lesley Woolfstein are now friends
8 hours ago
BLUEBELL commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Lesley. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom in February. When I think back over the past few months, I have seen white feathers on the ground were I live. I had no idea of the significance until I looked it up just now.  How are you…"
8 hours ago
Dennis C. replied to Lynda's discussion For the non- religious- where do we go when we die?
"Joanne The brain is an amazing thing. I have known cases where it just felt like there was no way the patient could hear, but when they recovered it was clear that they did hear. I ALWAYS proceed with the confidence that the patient can hear what…"
9 hours ago
Lesley Woolfstein commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"My mum passed away on the 20th of April ive lived with my mum all of my life im constant crying all of the time what are you suppose to do when you have lost your mum any body else out there received a white feather "
14 hours ago
Lesley Woolfstein joined Karen's group
Thumbnail

I miss my Mom!

If you have that hole in your heart that you get when you lose the woman that you shared a body with....
14 hours ago
Lynda replied to Lynda's discussion For the non- religious- where do we go when we die?
"Thanks Richard, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. I'm quite open minded which is why I asked the question. I really do want to know what others think/feel. I guess I'm still just trying to decide what I believe. I'm just not…"
20 hours ago
Richard Rivera replied to Lynda's discussion For the non- religious- where do we go when we die?
"Explanations. Yet many of NDE 's recount seeing dead relatives who died before them as well as seeing those relatives and family who died whom they've never met or Relatives who only later after they were resuscitated that they discovered…"
yesterday
Richard Rivera replied to Lynda's discussion For the non- religious- where do we go when we die?
"Dennis: I'm not a religious person by no means. It doesn't mean that I can't be a spiritual person. I have spoken to many people regarding their experience of life after death and they cannot explain it. Oh sure the "lack of…"
yesterday
silvia maria posted a blog post

When life doesn´t go MY WAY

Ok that´s odd. I have 3 fractured ribs. My drs and I had a hard time to grap the motive, a simple fall from my own height for a medicine peak of low blood pressure. What is even more amazing is how the people around us react when we don´t know what´s wrong but know there is suffering and pain. You know the type....the types of people who think she must be exagerating, or pitiful for a second or regretting their own attitude. What does it say about them? I think that´s why we feel like wild…See More
yesterday
Lynda replied to Lynda's discussion For the non- religious- where do we go when we die?
"Thanks for the comforting words Dennis, I sure hope you are right."
yesterday
"AnneJ, what a well written and thoughtful reply to my question.  I will be borrowing your words if you don't mind: "We die...it's nature , it's normal if we didn't have such feelings of dependence on each other which is…"
yesterday
rachel_micele replied to Mel Royer's discussion Signs from the other side
"Thank you for posting Mel. That's wonderful Nancy visited and made clear her presence to you."
yesterday
joanne replied to Lynda's discussion For the non- religious- where do we go when we die?
"I don't think anybody has the answer to this question , but I choose to believe that there is something else.Before Andy died I used to think when you die it's the end, there's nothing, but now I've had many vivid dreams,…"
Friday
"Dennis, I just wanted to ask you your opinion because you say you spent lots of times visiting people in hospital and say that patients of all conditions can hear us, do you think that my husband could hear me, he suffered a cardiac arrest, but was…"
Friday

© 2017   Created by Diana, Grief Counselor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service