I am new to this .. I first wrote in the sudden, traumatic loss group, but now see there is a group for people who have lost loved ones to murder. My dad was murdered almost 6 months ago.  The people responsible have not yet been arrested, but they are known to me and my family and the investigation continues.  I struggle every day.  The person most responsible was someone my dad loved, who was supposed to love him too.  He was all alone when he died, with only the two people who killed him. He fought back, but was too weak. I have terrible thoughts about how alone he must have felt and how there was no love with him when he died. I am haunted and traumatized by imagery of his death and how it happened.  I am traumatized by imagery of what happened to his body during the autopsy.  He was buried without his brain and for some reason, that just destroys me.  When I visit his grave, I don't know if he can feel me.  My family and I had to do a lot of investigation ourselves and hire experts, etc. in order to get law enforcement engaged.  The autopsy report has not been released yet, the investigation continues.  I want to be at peace, but feel like I can't until there is justice for him. This is the worst experience of my life. I adored him. I miss him. I really, really feel cheated.

Views: 182

Replies to This Discussion

z. m.---so sorry to hear of your traumatic loss. When you lose someone to murder it is so different than grieving for someone who has died in another way.    My brother was murdered june, 2008. He was stabbed to death. I still have a hard time sleeping because of the images I have of him fighting for his life and then laying there suffering and dying while people watched. It is horrible!!!  They still do not have the people, (or person,) who murdered him.

Do not worry about your dad being buried without his brain. He can still hear you......His soul is still with you.

I pray your family gets justice soon.

Donna,

Thank you for writing to me and helping me. I am so very sorry about your brother. I understand exactly what you feel and how the imagery stays with you.  It must be especially hard for you because it was so violent and he was young. 

This process is not like anything i ever expected.  The people responsible for killing my dad are his wife and her boyfriend, who is 20 years younger than she is.  They are still free, but at least the investigation continues and the manner of death has not yet been released from the coroner's office.  My dad had changed his will and didn't tell her, so in his own way, he had the last laugh.  She is contesting the will - and I am being accussed of torturing, abusing, coercing, and hurting him.  She is accusing me and my sisters of doing this to get him to change his will,  all the while she and her boyfriend planned and carried out his murder.  If she had known that my dad had changed his will, he might still be alive.  She hadn't counted on that and thought she would have everything. It is so horrible. She is horrible. My first real experience with a sociopath. 

I worry about how I will be if they decide not to charge her. Will I be able to get past it?  How do you manage this, Donna?  I try to remember how lucky I am to have had time with him before he was murdered. I try to remember that she cannot take away what was good between us. He was not a perfect father, but I loved him and would have done anything for him.

I pray for you too. And your family and your brother.  Thank you for reaching out to me. You are the first person in 6 months who understood what this is like.

Z.

I am glad your dad changed his will I hope his wife goes to prison for the rest of her life and suffers for what she has done. Hopefully she is haunted by what she has done already.  It is very hard to imagine the person who killed someone you love out on the streets free to be with his family, have fun, go to parties, celebrate holidays,   while every day the family of the murdered person suffers.  Everyone says karma will  get him but I want and need to SEE justice.  I know it will be horrible to hear in court but I hope you will get that satisfaction to see her face when her whole world ends.  Please keep me posted. I will keep you in my prayers.

Donna,

I've been thinking of you and wondering how you are managing.  Are you okay? 

My stepmom has not been charged for killing my dad yet.  The investigation is open and progressing but SO slowly, its killing me.  I have been struggling and feel like I am drifting through my life with unfinished business. I never feel settled. Years ago I started trying to live in the present moment and not live as if waiting for something to change or happen.  Now I feel I am back to living as if waiting for something to happen before I can be okay.  I get through my days. I do what I can to work on my dad's case - staying in contact with the police and DA, etc.  I can be present for my son most of the time.

But always in the back of my mind is the question, Will she get charged today?  Will she pay for what she has done?  Will I be vindicated publically - she tells everyone that my dad had dementia (he didn't) that he was abusive (he wasn't) and that I stole from them (the last time I asked my dad for money was 1998 and he gave me $200 for school).  I wish I could sue her for slander.  But mostly, I want her to suffer in prison for the rest of her life.  I'm going crazy waiting for something to happen.

I hope the person who murdered your brother is dead or in prison for something else.  I hope he suffers and hates his existence.  I wish justice for you too.  Are there any leads on your case?

In my prayers,

Zelda

It has been 6 months since my mom was murdered and it is the absolute worst possible thing to deal with.  I, too, am haunted with the visual of her being all alone, bleeding and screaming for help.  She was a beautiful, vibrant 67 year old woman.  I just recently received her death certificate and it just kills me to read what she went through.  I have such am enormous amount of guilt that I can barely stand it.  Every single day it is a struggle to cope with her viscious, brutal murder.  The murderer is in jail and trying to take back the FULL confession that he made just a week after he killed my mom.  Everytime I have to face him in court, I become physically ill.  He has handed me the death penalty because what he did has completely changed my life forever.  It has affected every aspect of my life and that is just sooooo unfair.  I am very, very sorry that you are going through this nightmare, too.

Dear K,

I am really sorry it took me this long to write back. I was out of the area.  I am sorry about your pain - I can feel it and know what you are going through. Thank god they know who it is.  Don't worry about what his attorney is doing. They have to file motions like that because it's their job.  It doesn't mean that the man responsible will get away with anything.  He will pay.

None of this is right. None of it is fair. I want my stepmom to pay for what she has done too. I don't want her to get the death penalty - I want her to have everything that matters to her taken from her. All her money and her freedom. I want her to suffer among her own kind. And I want vindication.  There are many people she told lies to about me and my siblings.  It was part of her strategy  to isolate him from his children.  Many people think, still, that she was the dutiful wife and they have no idea that she stole from him, abused him, had affairs, and ultimately planned and carried out his murder. 

If she does not get charged with it, I have to find a way to be okay for myself and my family. I have a son and husband who need me. That's the thing I want you to keep in mind.  Both of us will have to figure out how to keep these monsters from robbing us of anymore.  Do you know what I mean?  At some point I will need to choose, no matter what happens to her, to try to live my life fully and not let her steal anything else from me. I'm not there yet, but I know I will get through this and be okay. I want you to know that too.

Please keep in touch with me.

Z.

It has been 8 months, now , and I am still waiting to see what happens next.  The murder trial begins in June.  I am praying that the DA offers him a plea of 2nd degree murder= LIFe IN PRISON WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE.  I just don't think that I can sit in the courtroom and hear the gruesome details or see the crime scene photos.  I think I am suffering enough already.  What is happening with the murderer of your beloved dad?  I don't understand why she has not been arrested.... ???  I went to my dad's gravesite today then came home to see my mom's ashes.  I miss them so much.  I hate going through this!!

I understand that this would be very hard to go through. I've been involved in murder trials before (as a defense investigator) and it is really, really upsetting and awful.  I hope that the DA offers 2nd degree. You are right to want to avoid the trial. As long as he rots in prison forever - that will be justice.

The coroner is waiting for a second, more experienced pathologist to do an independant review regarding the cause of death.    It has been nine months since his murder.  Every day that passes we discover more crimes she has perpetrated against my dad and family. Tons of theft crimes. Prescription fraud. On and on.  If she does not get charged with murder, I will have to take comfort in her going to prison for the other crimes.  The DA is waiting for the pathology report before charging everything.  I just have to be patient. And it is hard to be patient as she goes through her life doing what she wants and spreading lies about me and my sisters.  Someone called me last week - someone I've never met - to let me know that she has been telling people that I tortured my dad until he changed his will.  The irony of that just really gets me.

I want to be there when she is arrested.  I hope the police let me watch.

I keep you in my thoughts.

Z.

Z.M. - I understand completely.  My mother was murdered, strangled, by my father.  Fortunately, I was not there to witness it, but I am still haunted by images of what it must have looked like.  As difficult as it is to forget the physical aspects of my mother's death, I try to focus on the fact that she is not suffering now; she is at peace; as is your father.

Thanks Ester for writing to me.  I am really sorry about your mother - and so sorry about who did it.  I really hope you are okay and have good support. 

I know my dad is not in pain and am grateful for that.  I want him back. I want her pubically outed for the murdering, whoring fraud that she is.  She is 73. Her boyfriend who helped kill my dad is 53.  I need for both of them to be punished and to suffer.   This has been the worst experience of my life. I am sick over it. I cannot stop being obsessed, constantly pre-occupied with what this horrible woman has done to me, my poor dad, and the rest of my family.  The woman has not been charged yet.  The autopsy results are not back even though it's been almost a year since he was murdered.  I did all the investigation - my family paid for experts and we hired someone for surveillance, everything. Finally, last week she was charged with 3 felonies for using my dad's health insurance to get meds for her boyfriend.  Be ause my dad wrote a new will right before she killed him, she's suing me now alleging that I tortured and forced my dad into rewriting his will.  I actually have to go to court and listen to these horrible lies while she is being investigated for murdering him.  I feel physically ill every time I have to sit in court, or in depostition, spending thousands of dollars to defend my father's will and defend myself.  I adored my father.  I'm not getting better with time. It's getting worse for me.

Hang in there and please know that you are not the only one experiencing these feelings.  I, too, am getting worse not better.  Yesterday, I met with the DA who informed me that the murdering piece of crap who killed my mom is recanting his confession and claiming to be mentally retarded.  That means he will not get the death penalty that he deserves.  His defense will not accept a plea of second degree murder because they think that he is too young to serve a life sentence.  I am serving a life sentence without my mom.  Why in the world would murderers have so much leverage??  It is insane and makes me feel like I am being punished, repeatedly. 

KB,

That totally sucks.  Please know that just cause the asshole is recanting, doesn't mean a jury won't still get to consider it.  Did the DA say that the confession would not come in?  Second degree is 25 to life - he could get paroled in 25 years - so his lawyers must feel like they can beat this, otherwise they would advise him to take the plea bargin.  It is also possible they his lawyers told him to be smart and take the offer, but he refused because he is a delusional sociopath who thinks he can get away with it.

That is what assholes like him do - they recant, they lie, they make shit up - whatever they want to do to serve themselves.  My shit step mother plays poor victim constantly and will, I'm sure, when she gets to court for the 3 felonies she has been charged with - will make up huge lies. that's what she does, but that does not mean anyone will believe her. Right?

I totally feel your pain.  I feel like you do - like this constant state of anger, hatred, upset, fog, victimization, and it isn't going away. I thought I would get used to it or the pain would subside, but it hasn't.  Having to deal with her shit accusations against me and my sisters and my 82 year old mother who never ever would have hurt my dad or anyone else, ever,  is keeping this wound wide open - I can't get away from it. I am still in shock that my dad is dead, and more shock that anyone would file legal papers alleging any kind of abuse on my part. My dad left me 10% of his estate.  Its not a lot and I didn't ever expect anything to begin with. The last time I asked him for money was in 1996 when I was in law school and couldn't pay my rent. He sent me $200.  And I was grateful for the help.  I put myself thru undergraduate school too, and never expected him to help me or give me anything. I was totally fine with that. So to have to read court documents where she paints me to be a money grubbing monster - it its just too much.  No wonder I can't move on. Her fucked up kids actually wrote letter to my family and called us "money grubbing."  SO fucked.

And I can't stand the waiting for her to pay and suffer.  This is not usually how I am in the world. I am a forgiving person with empathy and compassion for others, etc., but it was my dad. My little , disabled 83 year old dad. I feel hate in a way I have never experienced.

RSS

Latest Activity

Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5
esther joined HollowHeart's group
Thumbnail

Sibling Loss

This group is for anyone that has lost a brother or sister. Sibling loss is often minimized and people don't realize how devastating losing a sibling can be. I lost my older sister and my life will never be the same. She was my only sibling, I looked up to her, I went to her for everything. I lost my past, present and future. It is traumatic.See More
Mar 4
Speed Weasel posted a video

Sun Keeps Risin'

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesSun Keeps Risin' · Lissie · Elisabeth Corrin Maurus · Martin CraftMy Wild West℗ 2015 Lionboy RecordsReleased on...
Feb 26
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Triggers Continue to Surface

Late February is a challenging time of year for me.  Jen’s birthday is the 23rd and serves as an annual reminder of all of the potential that was lost…Her’s (mainly), mine, the world’s honestly.  This year she would be 52…It is increasingly hard to imagine, through all of the iterations possible, what she could have become, what was to be her (significant) impact on the world.That being said, things, emotions, have largely settled down since I committed a potential version of what could have…See More
Feb 15
Michelle joined Gyla Lynn Darden's group
Thumbnail

Loss of a child In memory of my son or daughter

This group focuses on healing ourselves and each other over the death of a child and welcomes a Christian atmosphere to help with the healing process. I welcome all of those grieving.See More
Feb 8
Tammy McLaughlin and Rosie are now friends
Jan 30

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service