Hello all. I lost my dad 9 years ago this coming July this mother’s day I lost my best friend. I am having a hard time copying. When I lost my dad I had by best friend who was like a sister to me to help me cope. He took his own life and I was the one to find him and I am sad to admit I never got over it to this day it still stays in my mind but she got me through the bad days. Then on mother’s day of this year I said goodbye to my sister my friend well my everything and I feel so alone. I do have a therapist & I even am involved in a grief support group in my town however I still feel so alone. Many people have said they went through something similar with losing a loved one to cancer but I have not met anyone who shared in the loss of a parent to suicide. I stumbled across this online and decided to give it a try. I just feel so alone now especially without my best friend she was really my only close friend. I am sorry for everyone’s loss as well and sending you all a hug and warm wishes

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sending you blessings and light.

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconBritt, Claire and Kaybei joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
47 minutes ago
Profile IconAmanda Stevens and Melissa joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
yesterday
Melissa posted a discussion
yesterday
Melissa replied to Charles Alexander's discussion New here after sons choice of suicide
"I am so sorry for your loss!! I do know and understand what you are going through!! My son Matthew took his own life in June 13th 10 day before his 26 birthday! He checked into a super 8 on a Monday and the staff found him dead on a Thursday!! When…"
yesterday
Profile IconRhys, Jessie Karen and Barbara joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Wednesday
Aright updated their profile
Monday
Linda Engberg commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Hi Joe, I understand what you mean.  There will never be anymore of what we did together, IT IS FINISHED."
Oct 10
Mandy is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Oct 10
Oct 9
Joe Kelly commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Strike those vacations below, they'll never be another one.  Went on a memorial cruise with my daughter and family four months after she passed because she was so looking forward to it.  It hurt enough to know they'll be no more."
Oct 9
"Yes Elynn, the loneliness.  That's painful.  They're not here and always was.  Our best friend, lover, and most precious thing we had.  We were lucky enough to spend the last 8 1/2 years together, joined at the…"
Oct 9
Elynn m commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"I've had a rough few weeks.   August 31st would have been our 45th wedding anniversary.   September 27 was year 4 of my husband's passing.   It's pretty lonely around here.  Its difficult to talk…"
Oct 9
"Every day for me is the same day she passed.  Not a joyful or even an ok moment.  I spend a little time with the children and grands and do my best to hide my emotions, but they all know how I am inside, even the youngest grand at age 4…"
Oct 8
Profile IconDinah and Morgan A Conger joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Oct 8
"Morgan, I feel the same as you. My sweet dog Babie J is nearing the Rainbow Bridge. I wanted stay on this earth for her. Once she passes I will do nothing to save my own soul.  "
Oct 8
Brett Bowman commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"Avi, I don't know if we can rethink our emotions that way. Our emotions are what they are, although reason can help us form our emotions and hopefully change them for the better. I don't know if my mom can hear me or not. I certainly…"
Oct 8
Avi commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"How are you all doing?  I had bad last 2 days. Felt lot of guilt and cried. There were some moments which made me remember my mother.  Also I hear comforting words by a lady that people who have gone from this world can still feel your…"
Oct 8
morgan commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"I wonder how i am managing.  Not well and to be onest today I wanted to just set a date with death. I am approaching seven years of being without him and though I function towards the outside world better and my crying has lessened but at the…"
Oct 7
"What a horrible price to pay for love. "
Oct 7
Profile IconZed and Amy joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Oct 4

© 2019   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service