I can't throw anything out that has anything to do with my husband.  I packed his cloths into one dresser and a hassock at the end of our bed so I dont have to look at them and feel devistated every time I open our closet.  That's ok I guess, but it gets worse.  His bathroom stuff I dusted and organized onto one shelf but I couldn't do more than that.  It looks like its ready for when he comes home.  How torturous is that to do to myself.  But I can't help it.  In his office I sorted his work into categories and boxed those up.  But there are a dozen or more notebooks with one or two pages used.  I tried to tear out those pages so the notebooks could be used.  Nope, couldnt do that.  It was his handwritting.  He will never write another thing and even though it is just scratching about work of one sort or another, meaningless to anyone but him, I cant do anything but find a safe place to save it.  For what!? So the bathroom, bedroom, office are tidier but just as cluttered with stuff.  Does it ever get easier to part with these things?  I cant live in a 3000 sq foot home by myself forever but I need all this space if I cant part with the things.  I feel like a total failure tonight.  Another wasted day. 

Views: 317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

im the bigest horder u can ever imanging iv still got my 1st teddy bear my granmothr gav me wen i woz a kid its abit bated a bit but cant get rid i no i sond like a big kid

my dads diareys i cant get rid of i fond 2 more i did in the lst weak or so 1991 all i no it woz dr apons and fone numbers wear a lot of the family has past away sisne thn

2006 woz abot apointments or wot hapend in his life a bit

i hop to find more of his diarys wish i wil keap to my self to me he will nevr with a diary agian or unles he can wite diarys in heven i hope 

RSS

Latest Activity

dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Susan E Marshall and William Gardener are now friends
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5
Angie Rowland joined Rita-Cecile's group
Thumbnail

LESBIAN ..GAY 2 SPIRITED loss and grief

Anyone who has lost their gay partner..soon finds that there may be a few things that are different...such as sorting through things and feeling like an intruder because it is also family stuff etcSee More
Apr 3
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service