I lost someone who is still alive. She was a staff member at a hospital I was at. It is a rule that a patient cannot contact staff for two years after your discharge. It has already been 8 months.  Me and this staff were REALLY close and we had a lot in common. I miss her so much. She got me through the roughest of times. I talked to her about everything and anything. She was my person. 2 years is too far from now. I am afraid she will forget about me in 2 years. I am terrified to think what life would be like if she didn't remember who I was. I was in the hospital for over a year. I saw her everyday for almost a year. I talked to her almost everyday for almost a year. I doubt she will forget me but I don't want to take chances. I am so depressed. I don't know what to do.

Tags: Grief, alive, depression, grieving, hurt, loss, miss, someone, still

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2 years seems excessive.  Did the two of you talk about getting together in 2 years?  Life can be so hard.  Just take one day at a time.  Stay in the moment.  I know that is hard too.  From experience, I know I have missed opportunities for joy by obsessing about the past and the future.  Just my 2 cents.  Believe me, I know the waiting is difficult.  Wishing you the best of everything.  

Hi there, I can understand how are you feeling right now. But you need to follow the rules.

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Julie posted a status
"I don’t know how to handle the death of my son I feel like I’m just fading away"
4 hours ago
Profile IconJulie and Matthew Rottman joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
7 hours ago
bluebird replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"You're welcome, too.  As for me -- same as it has been since my husband died. I don't expect it will ever change. I know what you mean about being over the shock, and I suppose it's usually/mostly that way for me as well, but…"
yesterday
Jeff C replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"You're welcome, Bluebird.  Thanks for asking.  Just dealing with this awful reality 6 years later.  I'm over the shock and and am just dealing with the way it is.  How are you, otherwise?"
yesterday
bluebird replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"Thanks, Jeff. How are you doing?"
yesterday
Jeff C replied to bluebird's discussion My husband died, and I will never want to live without him.
"I'm sorry to hear that, but I get it.  You are so right about what's happening to this country."
yesterday
"The 4th of July is my husband's favorite holiday -- mostly because of all the cookouts/barbecues/food, but also because of the fireworks. So, as with so many other things since he died, I find that I can't celebrate it. There's simply…"
yesterday
Colleen is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Sunday

© 2022   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service