It's been just a little over a year since my mom and my husband passed I've had no contact with my family because obviously they think I'm fine it's funny how when you lose somebody you find out who's really there for you and who's not it makes me angry because I want to tell them how much they have hurt me by the way they have ignored me and my so call lifetime friends not even a phone call from none of them what the hell is wrong with people do they just not know what to say do they know how much it hurts to be ignored to be just left alone it just really hurts a lot that my family and my so-called friends just expect me to get over things Is that what I'm supposed to do how do I express that to them how do I let them know just exactly how mad and angry and hurt they've made me and disappointed I am in them as friends and family or is it best just to say nothing what do I do like I said I'm lost

Views: 226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Many people have disappeared on me. A few check in. I still feel very alone and unsure if I will make it.
Thankyou Anne j your words helped and yes I must admit I still would love to be in the same room with my family and friends and let them know exactly how I feel and if that opportunity ever comes up it'll probably happen but I don't know at this point i'll just have to wait-and-see I am patient thanks again that really helped it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one out here feeling the way I do

I have always said death and money makes people weird.

I have barely seen my sister since my husband passed... she left in the middle of his memorial service.  My BIL told me he would help me with all sorts of repairs that needed to be done around the house.  Things my husband never got to, he was going to help me with. He and his family came over Easter (after I begged them to), put a hole in my patio cover, and he hasnt been back since.

And then my SIL had the nerve to text me that he was having a hard time with losing his brother and wants something special of my husband's to remember him by.  One of his guitars. 

Uhm... NO.  None of his guitars/basses are going anywhere!

I barely hear from his Dad. I dont hear from his Mom. His friends have scattered to the wind. MY friends have scattered to the wind.  My best friends has left me in the dust.  Really??!!

I can only count on one neighbor for help with anything.  All the other ones take from me, borrow his stuff, make me promises and then disappear or come and drink and cry on my shoulder.  I can get out of this neighborhood fast enough.

And my church friends?  Yeah.... barely hear from them.

Just amazing to me.

Hi Pamela...

BOY!!  Do I understand how you feel.  I too have been finding out who is really there with me, almost a year after losing my husband.  And the result is... very few people.

After his memorial service, everyone else went back to their lives and I have been left to figure out the rest of it all. All those people who said "whatever you need, let me know." are nowhere to be found.  His friends, my friends, his family, aside of my girls, I literally can count on one hand, how many people have been here for me.

I have tried to justify it in my head, they are dealing with their grief, his family is hurting, everyone is trying to give me space, they dont know what to do, but the bottom line is this, while they have all returned to their normal lives, I have been left here, alone, to figure it all out.

I have settled on the new motto that everyone can go jump off a cliff, the only people I can count on are myself and my kids. 

Oh, and dont come to me wanting something of my husband's to remember him by.  You arent getting CRAP...  Deal with it.

Yeah, I'm angry about it.

RSS

Latest Activity

Frank is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
38 minutes ago
Linda Engberg commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Thanks Morgan. I wish for my own death also. I pray there is a Heaven so I can be with my Julian and all the that people that were close to me."
Friday
morgan commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Linda,  I am so sorry to hear of more loss in your life.  I don't know about you but I end up just dissolving when I hear of loss.  Mine or anyone else's.  Grief has given me one thing. The overarching aching desire to…"
Friday
"Lost two more relatives this week."
Thursday
Linda mendenhall left a comment for Linda mendenhall
"I miss my mom every day"
Thursday
Linda mendenhall left a comment for Linda mendenhall
"I lost my mom to cancer Dec 2018 I 5ook care of her for 8 years"
Thursday
Danielle Emenhiser updated their profile
Thursday
Profile IconLinda mendenhall, Ellen costa and Danielle Emenhiser joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Wednesday
Wendy Zwickl is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Monday
Joe Kelly commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Wendy, I too wish you didn't have to find your way here.  I identify with your feeling alone even around our children and grands.  That was very loving and sweet of your grand daughter.  Read and post here.  It doesn't…"
Monday
morgan commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"Wendy, I hardly know what to say other than you have come to a place where we all know the anguish and heartache that you are feeling.  Death is hard enough to stomach but to have your husband murdered is beyond my imagination.  Although I…"
Dec 8
"Wendy, So sorry for your loss. Yes I know how you feel and it is a horrible thing to go through. Everyone in this forum care for one other and it is a place to go to share your most inner thoughts. God Bless You and Your Family"
Dec 7
Wendy commented on Susie H's group surviving family members' murders
"My heart goes out to you as I recently experienced the loss of my husband who was murdered. We had been together 31 years, married 27. I remember as if it was yesterday, the phone call, the driving frantically to reach the crime scene, waiting for…"
Dec 6
Wendy joined Susie H's group
Dec 6
Wendy commented on Jon-Paul Ackerman's group Lost My Spouse...
"This is the first year in 31 years that my husband will not be here. I've not put up a tree or participated in any holiday celebrations. Instead, my Son, unpacked our tree and decorations we had collected thru the years and while visiting his…"
Dec 6
Dec 6
Wendy joined Jon-Paul Ackerman's group
Dec 4
Wendy joined Julie Dolsey-Weiss's group
Thumbnail

Multiple Losses Group

I am creating this site for the many of us who have suffered several losses. I lost my mom, dad, grandma(2nd mom), grandpa, my beloved dog and divorce.Many of us have lost more than one person or event.Come share!See More
Dec 4
Wendy is now a member of Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Dec 4
jacq kramer joined Julie Dolsey-Weiss's group
Thumbnail

Multiple Losses Group

I am creating this site for the many of us who have suffered several losses. I lost my mom, dad, grandma(2nd mom), grandpa, my beloved dog and divorce.Many of us have lost more than one person or event.Come share!See More
Dec 3

© 2019   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service