I've been feeling disconnected lately. From my family, my friends, my work and especially my emotions. I think it may be a defense mechanism, an attempt to protect myself for further pain. I have a hard time feeling happiness and joy, like I've blocked them out. I'm just 'going through the motions'. Everything else seems dull, too. Sorrow, longing, tears, anger, that intensely deep pain in your heart when someone you love has died. It's all dull.

Not to get incredibly personal or share to much information but, I don't even have a desire to be intimate with my husband. Has anyone else gone through something similar? Everything seems far away and nothing seems appealing? Should I be worried or is this common during the grieving process?

Views: 522

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know that I'm ready to actually 'talk' to anyone about my feelings yet. I have no trouble typing my thoughts and feelings though. Weird, huh? I'm sure that I will eventually seek professional help in figuring out what all this means and just to have a general guide but I don't think I'm there yet. I also keep a journal at home that I write in almost nightly. My husband saw me writing in there last night and asked what I was writing and if he could read it. I just told him 'stuff' and that I'd rather he didn't read it, it's still very personal and raw and for some reason it's a lot easier to share with you all- people I know I will never meet face to face. I just wish I didn't feel so distant from everyone and everything. I don't want to. I want to be able to turn to my husband when something is on my mind about my sister but I just, I can't. I know that sounds absurd but I just can't explain it. I guess I'm looking for comfort in knowing that others are doing the same thing.

u mite feal disconected for a long time or ul find yore self in plase wear u dont no how u got ther ther is a few times iv ended up in plase not no ing how i got ther or som days ul find yore self doing the silliset thngs with out relizing or fogeting thngs lke bdays anversrys and so on 

Hi.  I could have written the same things youd did. I am experiencing the same things, including the desire part. 
This is my first time to log on and to post, so I am not sure how everything works on here.

I lost my mom Dec 28th.  Both of my parents have died within the last 2 years. 

Nancy, I'm fairly new on this site as well. Since my sister was killed on Dec 20th I've been on what feels like a roller coaster from hell. Constant emotions pulling me in every direction possible and sometimes all at the same time. Most days I don't know how I really feel because I feel like my emotions are fighting with each other trying to get the best of me. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom, that must be awful to not have her. I encourage you to utilize this site. It's been so helpful for me, especially the blog feature. I'm still unable to 'talk' to anyone but I can type until my heart is content. I'll request you as a friend on here so we can talk whenever. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dear Christine,

I am so very sorry for you loss.  I can't even comprehend what you are going through, what your family is going through.  After reading your blog, I feel that you have every right to feel the way you do.  I do not know how you even begin to cope at this point.  Maybe with time - I know that is what everyone says, and I really hate it when they say that too! It is hard enough to lose someone you love, especially someone so young, but in such a tragic way, my heart is breaking for you. 

Hi Christine,

I want to share a site that I go to that have a Grief Chat 24/7

http://www.groww.org/

another on is Compassionatefriends.org----this site has limited hours but both are wonderful

http://www.compassionatefriends.org/Find_Support/Online-Community/s...

Sorry for your loss.  My wife passed away 3 months ago, and I feel the same things you are.  I'm guessing this is a normal part of grieving, but I wish it would go away.  When I was divorced from my first wife, I wanted to get back into dating right away, but with my wife's death, I find I have no desire for a new relationship right now.  Going through the motions, lack of concentration, everything being dull.... I feel all of that.  I'm hopeful this will pass, and that a new life will start.

Bob,

I can understand you thoughts about starting a new relationship after your wife. I too have problems being imate with my husband after 20 plus years since our son was killed. It has sucked all the life and love out of my body. I love my son and his father. But, scared to be close and the feelings are dull.

I want to share a site that I go to that have a Grief Chat 24/7

http://www.groww.org/

another on is Compassionatefriends.org----this site has limited hours but both are wonderful

http://www.compassionatefriends.org/Find_Support/Online-Community/s...

Hello sorry to here about your loss,I lost my boyfriend on the 31st of July 2012 in a motorcycle accident, he was only 20. Since then my friends have stopped talking to me and avoid me only mine and his family really help me out I don't really know what to do at this point in my life, it's hard to just to get out of bed in the morning so I tend to shut myself away from people, I also find it hard to express myself to people, finding that some days i think im okay, the next day angry then the day after that deep depression it's like a roller-coaster, i've found making a memory book helps to take away the stress for a while and shows you how you yourself change your thought process of things over time, just an idea, my thoughts are with you all 

RSS

Latest Activity

dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Susan E Marshall and William Gardener are now friends
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5
Angie Rowland joined Rita-Cecile's group
Thumbnail

LESBIAN ..GAY 2 SPIRITED loss and grief

Anyone who has lost their gay partner..soon finds that there may be a few things that are different...such as sorting through things and feeling like an intruder because it is also family stuff etcSee More
Apr 3
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service