Do you ever feel like your pain from the sadness of losing your child, only intensifies as times goes by?

I loss my 21yr old about 14 months ago, due to him riding his friend's motorcycle. Time has not even begun to ease my pain or my anger. It may sound irrational, but I am really angry that the world is "going on" WITHOUT my son. When they told me that there was nothing left that they could do for my son, I felt like the sun and the moon should never rise again. I felt like I passed away with my son. I want him back.

Views: 4609

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Maria, I am so sorry. You are a beautiful person to share your love with so many chidren, I am sorry that you have to experience such a loss,  I am sorry for all of us. There really are no comforting words, except, I truly understand.

Hey Maria, did you read the poem I posted above?

Maria.....of course, please print it and share it. This site provides a way to vent without us being judged.

I know. I have cried EVERY day for 14 months. I cant wear any makeup. I recently started going back to my hair salon, I had no interest. My daughter told me that my son would be very upset if I don't get my hair, he wouldn't like me looking so run down.

Hello Maria and all other members. I didn't realize that our children were so close in age when they passed away.......my son was 21. It's funny how you mentioned self medicating with alcohol.  One of my son's best friends was tragically killed just a little over a year before my son and I remember how devastated my son was. Anyway, at his burial, I so vividly remember his mom carrying a bag with a bottle of Hennessey and as they started to lower her precious son....she put the bottle to her mouth and began to guzzle it! When her family members went to her side, she politely told them to leave her alone because that was her "baby" in there. My heart just ached for her.......who knew that in a little over a year's time, I too would be standing in that same cementary, totally in shock and despair that MY son was now there. If I had been a drinker, I probably would still be drunk! Luckily, for me, I was never a drinker, not even socially....I have never cared for the taste of any alcohol.....not even a wine cooler. I am glad you realized that drinking would only harm you.

You definately said it right........life is definately "different".

I would do anything to be able to change what happened to my daughter. I have often felt that I would rather it be me instead of her because I've lived and she had so much living ahead of her that was robbed from her.
Hey Joan.........I would have traded places with my son in an instant.
But it's not all you have left. You have stories of the times you had 
 together. Your child had more to tend to. Even if you feel it's unfair
know that you are here to share their story and when you see the
 sun think of that smile of theirs no matter what anyone tells you...
 better always with someone you love. I was in a terrible motorcycle
accident and luckily I survived barely.I am sure it's hard to Believe
 but you are amazing and your child is smiling at you now.

Greetings to all members of this site and group. just wanted to connect with everyone. I am still having a difficult time with the loss of my son. I am surprised that I still have any tears left. I am being physically and emotionally drained. My poor other children, they want me to "snap" out of it, they are really worried about me. I cant seem to make them understand I do NOT choose to be this way. I try to hide or wait until I am alone to let it all out when I can no longer contain it. I have literally cried everyday for the last 14 months.........everyday! My biggest escape is when I am in my car. Sometimes I drive by myself to my son's memorial site and I scream and curse  the whole 10 minute ride. The markings of where my son was laying is still on the street! And the markings of where they marked the front and rear end of the motorcycle he was on, are also still there. My anger also worsens when I visit my son's final resting place, that dreadful cementary. I still go very often and I talk to him freely. When the weather was warmer, I would go everyday and I would get pissed off if someone tried to discourage me. Sometimes I sit there for hours in a daze, sometimes when i am there, i feel like my insides are going to explode. My sister-in-law lost her 10 month old son 16yrs ago and she never has the desire to go to his resting place because she told me that it makes his death a reality to her and she has NEVER accepted it. Everyone is different. She also told me that she will NEVER have a memorial stone placed at his resting place. 

Sorry that I still have no encouraging words to offer but thanks to all that have listened.

I was recently told they still have the markings on the street where she landed and where her shoes landed, the impact blew her shoes off her feet. i haven't been able to go down that part of the street. I can't go by the intersection leading to that street or where she worked without melting into a puddle of tears. I don't drive due to epilepsy but am grateful that my family uses different routes even if it means a longer trip to avoid going by there.

Hi everyone... I'm so sorry for all of our losses here. Time does hurt more at times than it helps!

I lost Jesse 7 years ago. At first, another mother told me that the grief would get worse after the first year. I was horrified!! But she was right... after that first year, the shock really did wear off and it was worse....

After 7 years, I still feel the pain, but I want to give you hope... I am doing better. I can cope now, and have days when I actually feel normal... or mostly normal.

I know the anger you are all talking about.... it ruled me for the longest time, and still does, but now it seems to come only with triggers. Every time I hear someone complain about their life... or how "rough" they have things...It seems my sympathy has vanished completely for anyone who has not dealt with grief.

Hugs to you all

Oh my goodness Cassie, I feel the same way about people complaining about things when they are not experiencing grief, especially if they haven't lost a child. Their complaints seem so trivial and I must admit that it gets on my last nerve. No parent would ever volunteerily sign up to have a funeral for their child, no matter how old they are.

RSS

Latest Activity

dream moon JO B commented on Karen's group I miss my Mom!
"i miss mom so mush i do"
Apr 11
Susan E Marshall commented on Susan E Marshall's photo
Thumbnail

My husband

"Thanks, Rosie. (I have memory problems and forgot about this site. I'm just seeing this now. April 6th)"
Apr 6
Susan E Marshall and William Gardener are now friends
Apr 6
Natasha updated their profile
Apr 5
Angie Rowland joined Rita-Cecile's group
Thumbnail

LESBIAN ..GAY 2 SPIRITED loss and grief

Anyone who has lost their gay partner..soon finds that there may be a few things that are different...such as sorting through things and feeling like an intruder because it is also family stuff etcSee More
Apr 3
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service