how do I deal with this horrible disease that is taking my family little by little I lost my husband to this horrible disease and my brother is still battling his cancer for many years and now his wife my sister in-law has stage four metastatic breast cancer I don't know how to handle this anymore I just don't understand. I lost my husband in September of 2015 he was first diagnosed with stage two throat cancer then he went in for a pet scan and they found a second and separate cancer in his lungs,liver, and spine which was diagnosed as terminal that was in July  of 2015 two months later he was gone this horrible disease destroys families so my question is how do I or anyone deal with this especially when it continues to destroy everyone I  love this  is too much !!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pamela

Cancer is indeed a plague. Death from cancer is only part of the story. The journey from diagnosis to death is horrific and overwhelming. Even though cancer effects a lot of people, there are so many that just don't understand how devastating it can be from the moment one finds out that they have it.

I too have had loved ones that dealt with cancer. Some have died and some are still on the unspeakable journey of treatment and chemo and surgery etc. etc.

The ONLY thing that helps me at all is a Biblical view of our future. I know that the Bible is not for everyone and that is OK, but it works for me by giving me a HOPE and a FUTURE. 

For example:

Isaiah 33:4 says "And no resident will say "I AM SICK...."

I believe that one day those words will come true right here on the earth. This gives me hope and a future. 

It certainly doesn't take our pain away, but it does comfort me to know that one day life will be better and no one will get sick. NO MORE CANCER. 

If there is any way that I can help, comfort, impart hope for a better future, please let me know

Dennis

big c is evil loss lot of famly to it evn frinds nboz 

my religen is spirtsalm it is but big c is evil lk dem/alz it is evil i prey thy can rid o it i do

sines joingg spooks churchh im not only 1 its loss famly coz of big c evn alz /dem

bth likned to geht in difo ways

if drs had cot my antis dott floss maryss annss edithss cuzns seve andra so on  big c earlerr thy motr still be hear 

now iv fond skools i wz in why it got bull dozd wz ful of asbestoss so now i no im it risk  it mayb dad died moree of it coz of me coz of vad beaver i had as kid wish got me fealin guiltyy it duz  

sorry if im sayin wong thngs or rab,on on to mush 

I lost my husband on November 25th 2018 he had stage 4 cancer I lost him within 3 months. This Christmas was so hard. I'm tired of people who haven't lost anyone that it gets easier. All I need is time. I'm so ss for everyone who lost their lived one. I wish I could spend a bit more time with him but all I do is stare at the door waiting for something that will never happen

dear Connie I understand how you feel it has been three years and three months since I lost my husband and I agree with you that I wish people would stop telling me that in time I will heal or that it gets easier,  for me that is all a lie I am still as broken as the day I lost  the love of my life I believe that people say that because they think it will make you feel better when actually  it angers you because no one can tell you how to grieve and unless they experience the same kind of loss they cant know how you really feel I am truly sorry for the heartache you are going through this is what this site is for so we can say how we really feel with no judgement again I am so sorry for the pain and heartache you are going through 

RSS

Latest Activity

Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5
esther joined HollowHeart's group
Thumbnail

Sibling Loss

This group is for anyone that has lost a brother or sister. Sibling loss is often minimized and people don't realize how devastating losing a sibling can be. I lost my older sister and my life will never be the same. She was my only sibling, I looked up to her, I went to her for everything. I lost my past, present and future. It is traumatic.See More
Mar 4
Speed Weasel posted a video

Sun Keeps Risin'

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesSun Keeps Risin' · Lissie · Elisabeth Corrin Maurus · Martin CraftMy Wild West℗ 2015 Lionboy RecordsReleased on...
Feb 26
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Triggers Continue to Surface

Late February is a challenging time of year for me.  Jen’s birthday is the 23rd and serves as an annual reminder of all of the potential that was lost…Her’s (mainly), mine, the world’s honestly.  This year she would be 52…It is increasingly hard to imagine, through all of the iterations possible, what she could have become, what was to be her (significant) impact on the world.That being said, things, emotions, have largely settled down since I committed a potential version of what could have…See More
Feb 15
Michelle joined Gyla Lynn Darden's group
Thumbnail

Loss of a child In memory of my son or daughter

This group focuses on healing ourselves and each other over the death of a child and welcomes a Christian atmosphere to help with the healing process. I welcome all of those grieving.See More
Feb 8
Tammy McLaughlin and Rosie are now friends
Jan 30

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service