My boyfriends dad died Dec 3rd. I spent that night with him and he was in complete shock. I left the next morning on loving and supporting terms. We then found out that I am pregnant (6 weeks) He then became a little distant, bit flaky and started to no show up when he said he would and one night didn't even turn up at all or call to say that he wasn't. The calls and messages have fast dried up to the point he will not even pick up at all. The funeral service is today (I haven't met his family and he didn't want me at he service) and when I sent a warm and loving best wishes on this difficult day message - I wasn't even expecting a response but then he removed his message profile picture ??? Has he left me and our baby? Do I need to considering progressing this pregnancy alone? I know he is in a world of pain right now and its so painful to be so distant from him right now. How do I support him and save myself also? Please - can anyone shed some light?

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't really know what to say to you, but I don't want you to think no one read your post, or that no one cares.  I'm sorry you are in this situation. I can tell you that grief hits everyone differently, and maybe your boyfriend just needs time.  Personally, I think he is treating you badly -- even in his grief, he could at least tell you that he can't deal with anything else right now, that he needs some time alone. 

I think that right now you need to focus on yourself and your baby, and if/when your boyfriend comes back into your life, you can deal with that then.

I hope it all works out ok.

Thank you Bluebird, I feel touched that someone replied. Life is just hell and I cant cope with this. Thank you for reaching out

{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

I am sorry that you are having to face all of this.

Three very emotional issues all at once.

I agree with Blubird. Pay attention to your baby and yourself. Look forward to the future. There is nothing like the love of a child.

Psalms 127:3 — Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

I know that this doesn't take all of the uncertainties or fears and anxieties away, but it can give you something to look forward to.

If he is the father of your baby then he is not just going to walk out of your life because he wants to. He has equal share of responsibility. Do that for your baby...be it's advocate. The baby can't do that by it's self.

Just my 2 cents. I raised 3 kids alone, believe me you are going to need the financial help. And it would be nice if he wanted to be part of the baby's life too, but at least make sure you get child support.

Hi Kelly.  I cannot find words of comfort for you at this point when it comes to your BF.  He has left the picture and very harshly treated you.  Do not concern yourself about supporting him.  He has his own life to sort out.  You have yours and now includes an innocent little miracle growing inside.  The focus should be on YOUR life and how to make your way as a single mom.  Getting paperwork into place for child support is important and you can do this without him.  I hope he eventually comes around and wants to be an active father in your child's life.  Save yourself first, seek prenatal care and be healthy as best you can.  I highly recommend you go to a faith-based crisis pregnancy center and they can help you with the emotional, material and spiritual issues you are struggling with.  God bless you.  

I just read again what I wrote and I have to apologize for the coldness.  I am sorry I did not catch the very important part of how you were suffering and the anguish you are experiencing.  Rejection is always painful.  I encourage you to not turn it towards yourself.  In all fairness he is overloaded with a lot of stress at once.  You can be understanding but I will stand by my first observation that you come first.  Females want to fix and make better (I have heard) but there are lots of times when we have to stand back and give plenty of space to others. Try the best you can to make your life work for you and your precious child. You cannot help someone who seeks distance.  Only they can decide if they want to come back into your life.  I learned a long time ago it helps to be able to harden my heart in some situations, so I can keep going.  We all need coping skills and I think we obtain those the hard way...by going through hard times.  Well I was hoping to come back and give a softer reply to hopefully ease some of your pain, and that just did not happen.  I hope you get some sliver of help from my posts.  Take care.

I am so sorry you are going through this lovely, I can't really comment on how your boyfriend is feeling right now as I don't know him, but what I can say is that for the first few months after my husband died I withdrew from everyone. I felt numb a lot of the time and that I didn't care about anyone or anything and I couldn't cope with other people's pain either. Your boyfriend might be feeling a bit like this. It's lifting for me a bit now and I'm starting to feel more like being around people, maybe this will happen for him in time. But if it doesn't, or this is not the case for him, I just want to echo what Bluebird and a few others have said here; focus on you, look after yourself and the beautiful miracle you have growing inside you. I hope everything works out ok for you xxx
HI Kelly, I hope you have been.able to take care of yourself being probably 13 weeks by now. I'm sorry he had to lose his Dad. Loss is never easy and new's was probably a shock for him. I hope he has had the time to take it in a little and come back to you. Please let me know how yoy are as I am thinking of you.

RSS

Latest Activity

Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Assumptions

An assumption is an unexamined belief: what is thought to be true without ever really realizing that we think in that way. For better or worse, understanding starts with entertaining the idea that something is true.  Truly profound thoughts generally come to light from the relaxation of these (flawed) assumptions.  This is where I find myself today...Perhaps, one of the more significant drivers to pushing down the loss and grief at the time of the accident, ignoring it and mindlessly walking…See More
Mar 13
Profile IconCari Jo Converse, Jennifer and James D. Thornsberry joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 13
Profile IconMarina Dsouza, Leah, Sandra M Aaron and 5 more joined Online Grief Support - A Social Community
Mar 5
esther joined HollowHeart's group
Thumbnail

Sibling Loss

This group is for anyone that has lost a brother or sister. Sibling loss is often minimized and people don't realize how devastating losing a sibling can be. I lost my older sister and my life will never be the same. She was my only sibling, I looked up to her, I went to her for everything. I lost my past, present and future. It is traumatic.See More
Mar 4
Speed Weasel posted a video

Sun Keeps Risin'

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesSun Keeps Risin' · Lissie · Elisabeth Corrin Maurus · Martin CraftMy Wild West℗ 2015 Lionboy RecordsReleased on...
Feb 26
Speed Weasel posted a blog post

Triggers Continue to Surface

Late February is a challenging time of year for me.  Jen’s birthday is the 23rd and serves as an annual reminder of all of the potential that was lost…Her’s (mainly), mine, the world’s honestly.  This year she would be 52…It is increasingly hard to imagine, through all of the iterations possible, what she could have become, what was to be her (significant) impact on the world.That being said, things, emotions, have largely settled down since I committed a potential version of what could have…See More
Feb 15
Michelle joined Gyla Lynn Darden's group
Thumbnail

Loss of a child In memory of my son or daughter

This group focuses on healing ourselves and each other over the death of a child and welcomes a Christian atmosphere to help with the healing process. I welcome all of those grieving.See More
Feb 8
Tammy McLaughlin and Rosie are now friends
Jan 30

© 2024   Created by Ninja.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service